Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dream truck
By jp

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck ever owned, and in 40 years that's saying a lot, drove them all, hope to retire with this truck. People who I don't know walk up and comment on the beauty of this beast. If you need to pass another vehicle hold on it's like riding in a rocket. Move over vets there's a new King of the road. If you don't believe me try one, puts fun back in driving. This truck owns the road, Chevy and fords and the over rated tundra can't even stay in the beasts shadow. I'm elated.

There are so many you can't start to name them all.

Wing, so that you can fly.

Luxury truck
By Seth

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8 Sport 4x4 on this beast. I don't regret it one bit and I LOVED my 4Runner. This truck rides almost car like. I say almost cause it is still a truck. Hemi sounds good and is very strong. Plenty of power for this big truck. This is the first vehicle I have purchased that has a learning curve with all the options. My only negatives are 1. paint quality is poor compared to my Toyota. Orange peel, fish eyes and over spray. I had to buff the entire truck to get it to look decent. Also, no side steps making it hard to enter and exit. At 46k this thing should come with side steps standard.

NAV, Sirius, HDD, interior, exterior and of course 390 HP HEMI

Better paint quality and chrome tubular side steps as standard equipment.

Great truck
By aangelovic

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, not so great on gas though, but you should be aware of this prior to purchase. Ride comfort is excellent, not bouncy through the turns. Hemi 5.7 is plenty of power and tows anything without a problem. The dual exhaust in the rear bumper gives the truck a great way to tell between a hemi and others.

Rear coil suspension makes such a difference in ride comfort.

Miles per gallon improvement would be great but its a 390 hp truck.

What A Nice Truck
By Paul

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Being a former Chevy pickup guy my last truck was a Nissan Titan. Let me tell you here, Dodge has really gotten it right with this truck. I did a lot of research on this truck and when it came time I special ordered to get certain options. Backup camera, sprayed in liner, Brake Control, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, Tow Hitch, Chrome Accents Group, Leather Bucket Seats & Trailer Tow Mirrors. The ride with the coils springs is by far the best in any truck I have had. I have to admit, I love driving this truck, from the quick acceleration on launch to just cruising. In my opinion Dodge has really exceeded my expectations.

Easy to use controls, Nav, Sat Radio, HDD, Voice activation, Bluetooth, Cool Fan in the seats, AC outlet, EVIC, Storage Compartments in Rear, Flip up Tow Mirrors.

Stronger Low Beams,

Love my HEMI
By Joe J

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can’t say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. There’s plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.

HEMI, crew cab, & EVIC! The fuel mgmt system gives you a few extra miles from each gallon, but when you need the power, there's plenty of it. Interior space is unbelievable. The EVIC is a great feature for for a mid- level truck. I most like being able to see real time mileage & tire pressures.

It's no economy car. I’d love to see better mileage, but this is a big truck. The headlights are dim and could use a boost. I’ve not found a way to set a default screen for the EVIC. It always resets to the main screen, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, this is a really fun truck to drive.