Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

New Hemi
By New Hemi.

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck, ride is great if you are a first time truck owner and not used to a leaf spring rear end. No mechanical issues yet, towing is lacking badly, very sluggish bracking and motor is def. not made to pull any load off line. cannot complain about gas mielage. Also a few cosmetic issues, little things like weather stripping and cheap cover over chrome accents. For 30,000 plus they could have a little better quality control.

Power when not towing, interior comfort and quitness of cab at speed. Lifetime powertrain, not that it matters ill be moving back to Ford.

Get rid of the coil over springs and bring back the truck feeling with the improved towing, 6-speed auto tranny. Also, allow power and suspension upgrades with out voiding warranty

lots of power
By nice truck

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I came from a 04 Titan to this I loved the Titan but they seem to have some issues and I got the life time powertrain and bumper to bumper on the Dodge which no one else offered. The power and comfort is great. One touch of the throttle and man your off like a shot but you only notice it if your looking at you odometer otherwise you think your on a Sunday drive. The Titan had a lot of get up and go but man not like the new hemi. I got the remote starter which is coming in real Handy in the north right now. The only thing I miss from the Titan is the towing mirrors. I plan on keeping this for a while so I got the slt with 17 in wheels and the reg. Muffler to keep replacement cost down to a min.

I never thought I would by a Dodge but with the warranties and the power and comfort it was a no brainer. I like the in floor storage and under rear seat storage. My kids love the side steps and the amount of room in the crewcab. The Titan had the King so there livin it up now. Serius is a real plus

Better tow mirrors and make the wire harness standard with the tow package. Besides that I'm golden with my hemi.

Best Truck Yet
By Mike7642

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides smooth on and off the road. In the driver seat you feel like you command the road. Its big, powerful and yet gets good highway mileage. Everyone who has ridden in my truck has nothing but compliments. The Laramie package is just awesome.

Driver ammenities are maxed out with this truck. Its a Cadillac in a trucks body. Dodge set the standard for driver comfort.

I cannot think of a single improvement.

Luv My Dodge P.U.!
By Karl

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Ford trucks, Chevy avalanches, and numerous cars. This is by far the "most" fun vehicle I've owned. Sleek styling, power, practical to boot. My favorite story is a guy I work with had a new Tundra. As we travel a lot together in the office we take turns driving. He used to make fun of my "Dodge". After some time I let him drive it while out on the road. Now, he wants to drive it all the time. Loves the acceleration (can't keep his foot out of that Hemi) and how great it drives overall. I've already put 22000 miles on it this year and it's still as fun to drive as the day I bought it.

Console shifter, auto climate control, auto 4 wheel drive feature. ( my 07 Dodge didn't have that feature). Bluetooth, navigation, rear floor storage, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel,throaty dual exhaust.

That it would get 35 miles to gallon without losing any of that power.:)

Ford and GM, take notice
By Best Dodge yet

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Dodge truck in 20 years. My last new 1997 Dodge was a jewel, never a problem, dependable as a swiss watch. My 09 Dodge has 21000 miles currently,dead reliably like the 97. I LOVE the truck, the Hemi is powerfull gets great mileage. Interior is top notch Ride is superb Buyers, BEWARE of some dealers that insist on rear end oil changes at 15000 miles. Victorville motors( VICTORVILLE CALIFORNIA) insisted that i change oil ($175.00) when the factory recommends rear end oil be changed ONLY in severe duty situations every 15000 miles. Spark plugs need changing every 30K miles( all 16 of them) at about $250.00. Read the owners manual first and save money

The whole truck Life time warranty on power train

Nothing really...