Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

08 Ram Hemi
By Garry Withrow

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Dodge truck. Last one was good, so got another. This one has a Hemi/Auto trans/LSD diff. Truck is good fun to drive, with some upgrades: 180 degree T-stat, cold air intake, exhaust, and Diablo tuner- performance 93 octane tune(also turns off that nasty MDS, didn't get a Hemi for gas milage?). Have changed all oil fluids over to Mobil-1, and added PML covers on trans/diff, they add fluid capaicity. Truck goes like stink. But i will stick to severe maintance schedule and change fluids twice as much as normal, the stealership gets enoungh of my money. So far - so good. Garry.

Hemi power, interior room, ride.

Have stock/factory ability to turn off MDS, if one wants.

My Best Truck Yet
By steve

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I owned brand new, a 1996 ram, 2001ram, 2006ram, and now 2008 ram big horn. By far the best truck on the road. Comfortable ride, as well as nice and quiet. Has the MDS system in it which saves gas, although it can use it when you lay on it for the fun. The big Hemi 345 hp engine is great. I am really pleased with this big bad boy of a truck. And very tough to. As well as being great in winter weather. 4x4 is a plus. Works great and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.Seating is confy, but can be tight in the back for long legs. Otherwise, there is no other truck you can add to that makes this beast sound like it does.

Inside and outside features are great. Have a stainless steel brushguard and steps, and looks great. Interior setup is great. Sound system from the factory is great. Just love my beast of a truck.

Should give the 4x4 choice of on the floor engage otherthan switch. Less to go wrong. But working good so far.

RAM HEMI a WINNER!!!
By RAm lover

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI for about 8 months. I have about 10k miles on the truck and just love it. The power of the HEMI V8 is amazing, it doesn't even feel like you are dirving a truck. I put a flomaster 40 series and elminated the resignators and the sound is amazing, nice and low. The towing capacity of this truck is tops too. I got the Big Horn edition which has the 20' wheels, it's a great package that completes the truck. I have taken my RAM off road many times and it handles great, food ground clearance and great power for moving up and down the rock beds. Also fun in the mud. Great overall truck, and I got mine for half price, about 22k off the sticker.

HEMI v8, back seat room, overall ride quality and handling

Make improvements on the interior, looks a little cheap and too much plastic. I know for 09 they did change this but it's the olny thing I could think of that I didn't like about the 08.

Lemon Law Prospect
By F.R. Adams

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an identical 2004 for the 2008 Hemi because of the drive train guarantee. I signed a paper saying the vehicle had 12 miles on the odometer. I signed another paper without noticing that the mileage was recorded as 3030. I called the dealer to inquire about this and was told they could put as many as 5000 miles on demonstrators and still sell them as new. I asked if they had changed the oil at 3000 and was told to bring it in and they would change the oil. I asked about a small dent in the rear bumper and was surprised when I was told that I may have gotten bumped at Krogers or Walmart when they had put 3030 miles on it and I had put less than 300. Steering had to be replaced.

Shows satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the product and gives more insight on the problems others are having.

Seems more than satisfactory in present form.

10,000 mile review
By stgcret

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In general my Big Horn is a nice truck. I probably should have gone with leather seats as they seemed to be a bit more comfortable. Pretty quite at 75 mph on the interstate. The gas consumption is brutal but hey, it's a truck!

Step Up rails, plenty of cabin room and the Sirius radio.

Dodge engineers need to go sit in a Silverado or F-150 for seat comfort. The drivers sitting confort is my biggest dislike. More seat position controls would also be useful.