Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Awesome ride
By Mayhem

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Edmunds doesn't have the sport package. I traded my 2004 Durango in when I started having issues with the tranny. This truck is awesome with the Hemi and the 20" tires. I also like the mirrors with the smaller blind spot mirror that swivels up for towing. The sport model is great with the heated seats and the electric sliding rear window. My daughter loves standing on the center console and out the sunroof. The truck rides like a very nice and has the power when I want it. I haven't gotten many comments on the truck and the Sunburst Orange color. This is all around a great truck. Couldn't be happier.

Hemi, Uconnect, Sunroof, 20" tires, Nerf bars, heated bucket leather seats, Mirrors, and the in dash navigation.

Back seat could be a little bigger. Spray in bed liner.

Pleasantly Surprised
By RiMo

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 2008 RAM with 41,000 and am pleasantly surprised. I really never considered buying a RAM pickup until a friend of mine had me drive one. I was amazed at the responsiveness of the 5.7 L HEMI; clearly a step above the Chevy and Ford. I've now run 5 tanks of fuel through the truck and I've never had less than 18 MPG - far better than my Ford F-150 and better than my 4.7L Jeep Grand Cherokee thanks to the MDS. The interior is not flashy, but I find the simpleness pleasing and clean. The navigation and bluetooth is better than my Acura TL's. The sound system is decent and the brakes are incredible. Top this off with a comfortable ride and is very easy to drive. Buy one, worth it

Styling with the 20" wheels Fuel economy Comfortable and extremely easy to drive Power from 5.7L HEMI

A bit more styling in the interior A very tall vehicle, side steps are required ABS should be on everyone of these vehicles as a standard feature

2008 Ram Big Horn
By Rick Cole

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used with only 13.4K miles at 2.5 years old. Still had new truck smell. Love this rig. Came from a 98 Durango, this one so much bigger, much more power. Love the satellite radio. Bright red color, was rear ended and hit the guy in front, bumpers and tow hitch toast, minor dent to tail gate. Stout build. In shop, can't wait to get it back. Hemi engine is awesome. My third Dodge in 25 years, the 98 Durango never gave me any problems, had 170K on it, no power train work at all. Was gonna keep it, but my neighbor came over with an offer I could not refuse. Son 1 has an 06 Dakota, son 2 has an 87 Power Ram.

Satellite radio, great looks, 20" rims, good tires, HP, too much interior plastic.

The 2010 Big Horn is way cool with the center console and euro shift.

The Big Dawg
By Bud Utecht

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, loved the features, found that for the money, no passenger electric seat, very limited driver electric seat, no automatic headlights (hugely annoying), rides a lot rougher than my Chevy, 5.7 hemi hesitates way too long when you punch the gas, I expected more. But I love the storage in the cab, great room, bigger bed than other trucks, great power for towing, great exterior design, very fun to drive.

Great storage, heated seats, electric windows, moon roof, stereo is great. I love this truck.

Automatic headlights! The price is a little much for the lack of features inside, like terrible electric seats, and not great comfort.

20,000 mile update
By stgcret

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well guys & gals, I'm at 21,020 miles and my bighorn 4.7 seems to be getting used to me. The drivers seat seems just a bit more comfortable (with a small tube pillow behind my lower back). I only need it on a long drive. Have not had a single problem so far. When I get my 6th and last free oil change from the dealer (at 25,000 miles), I will go with castrol syntec oil. One thing that I still don't like is the severe depreciation of the model. The sticker on mine was $36,200 and I got it for $22,100 with 1.6 miles on it. Like I read earlier, I feel sorry for the one whom pail close to sticker.

The room, the room, the room for my fat keester. The step up is nice also.

Have the shifter available on the floor like the Laramie has. I'd pay the difference.