Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Decent truck but 4WD is not that strong
By Justin

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Overall this truck has been excellent for the money. My 07 4.7L Ram 4X4 has plenty of space and offers a very comfortable ride. Have had no problems except for with the 4WD system. I have 25K and have already had a problem with the front drive axles slipping off the front diff splines making it very difficult to drive in the snow. As of yet no word on whether Dodge will fix it under warranty. Transmission does shift difficult at times but other then that excellent mpg. ranging anywhere from 12-22MPG depending on city or freeway driving.

Roomy interior, comfortable and cleanly layed out. Drives like a car with all the benefits of a truck.

4WD needs to be stronger and more durable then it has proved to be.

Great American Truck!
By Mostang

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've always been a muscle car guy. When I test drove my 5.7 Hemi (Big Horn Edition) i enjoyed having that power on demand. This truck was the best value for the buck. Hands down. Plus the lifetime warranty is unmatched. I've had the truck for over a year now and have not had a single problem. Great for Hauling my muscle cars around! Actually gets better fuel economy while towing on the hwy! This is my first truck and what an amazing truck it is!

Power on demand and the way it handles like a regular car. Not all sluggish like some large vehicle!

Make nerf bars a standard option!

I wouldn't buy this truck again
By Fecomosis

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own the 07 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab with the 4.7 V8 automatic. About every 2-3 months there's always something crapping out in it. Off the lot it had a module bad, that wouldn't allow the keys to program. Starting issues that are still not resolved because it wont duplicate when the techs are looking at it. Both fog lights broke. They fixed that. About 3 months later check engine light. Some canister failed. Took 2 weeks to fix that. 9 Month mark, trucks starts to pull. They replaced a bushing. Took 2wks for that, still pulling. They aligned my truck to a faulty machine..they admitted their machine was bad and got that fixed. Radiator fan will grind under heavy stress and engine temps.

Gas mileage highway ran about 22 tops, 19 mainly and 15-16 city. E85 runs at 9-10city, 11-12 hwy. Tires didn't last long, already replaced 2 rear, bald at 16k miles. It rarely happens, but when its hot and I am dogging it, it will grind then the clutch will engage to fully which causes LOUD rad fan whirl (fan noise). Still not resolved. Unable to duplicate. Rarely engine will take 5-6 full seconds to start, just freely cranks over for 5-6 sec

Dodge Issues
By bit_by_k9

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Dodge. I love the truck but will not be able to keep it after warranty. The engine light comes on with regularity. Luckily warranty has covered the new computer, all the code checks, leaking shock, wind noise adjustments. Warranty has not covered my TIME to bring the truck in and wait. If Dodge could fix this issue I would love the truck but will not be able to afford it after the warranty. My advice, lease one.

Lease a Dodge, do not buy one.

Get the hemi
By massguy

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Ram and I purchase the 2007 5.7 hemi. The engine gets great gas mileage compared to the 4.7. On a flat highway going 55 to 60 mph this truck clocks 30 to 31 miles per gallon.

Towing capacity, ride and handling

The speakers could be improved that is the only issues I have had with it.