Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Leaking Back Glass
By TErvin

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

For the most part I really love this truck!! Awesome looks and can't beat the power of the hemi! But it is headed to shop for the fourth time for leak in back window. When it rains, the storage buckets under the back seats will have water in them. Can't seem to get it stopped. Also, truck comes out of reverse occasionally. Doesn't happen on a daily basis, but just enough to worry me. Thank goodness I have the lifetime warranty on the powertrain so that it will be covered if it gets any worse. Really hope they can get the leak fixed because I love my truck and don't want to have to end up trading it due to one issue!!

Hemi power! Auto start with a quick flick of the key. Love the tall jacked up look of the 20 inch tires. Overall mean look of the truck!

Better design for install of back windshield to stop leak issues! And of course like every other review I have read.....Gas Mileage!! But power of hemi worth it! Back end gets a little squirrely in rain, don't know what would help this other than keeping foot out of the gas pedal.

2007 Ran 1500 Big Horn Edition
By ljuan

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck so far. Very dependable with respectable power from the little 4.7, but horrible gas mileage. I don't drive it too hard and have never got much higher than 15 mpg, even on the highway. I think it drives pretty smooth for such a big truck. The best part to me is the look it has. Mine has the chrome 2o's and i think it looks better and tougher than any other. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Great price, Great looking truck, and smooth ride

An interior made of better quality materials. And definitely better gas mileage

Good solid truck
By Scooty4722

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have to say overall I love my truck. It's not perfect though. The gas mileage has never really improved that much, the driver door doesn't seal very well and at highway speed there is a lot of wind noise. I have a leak from the front (probably by the looks of it the front trans axle) which is going for service next week, the Hemi engine when driving at highway speeds and switches to 4 cylinders will cause wheel spin on ice/black ice. This is a major problem for those of us north of the border in the winter! I also pull a 29' camper trailer with my truck and I wish I upgraded to the 2500 when I purchased my truck 2 years ago. Overall I am happy, but I will consider a Ford next time.

Hemi, I actually really like the styling (especially the 2010's)

Tailgate
By tedandsue

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I have enjoyed this vehicle. But I am having a ton of problems with the tailgate. It is really hard to close at times, or it won't even stay shut.

Find a way to fix the tailgate, so I won't have so many troubles.

One awesome truck
By jordan

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

We have owned GM vehicles always and we were looking for a good lease deal. Dodge was the greatest. We hesitated getting Dodge because what some people say but that truck had such an extreme hard life and never left us stranded. Never any transmission problems or anything. Up huge hills with 5 snowmobiles on the back of a trailer to the rug, burnout competitions, snowmobile trails you name it and it did it. It went awesome but the lease is now up. At 33k it still goes like new!

The power, 20 inch wheels, sleek look, clean easy interior, and driving stability

Door panels rattled down bumpy roads from day one. Never got great mileage but it was well worth it.