Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

*** PERFECT TRUCK ***
By Ron

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I absoulutely love this truck. It's by far the best looking truck available and the Hemi is a must have. Yes, tires go bald quick but thats because this thing burns rubber when tapping on the gas. Mine is a powerhouse. The interior is very basic which I like. Its not like the Tian with buttons everywhere which means more crap to fix when it eventually goes up. Dodge makes a good truck here and thats a big statement for me, because I have always bought foreign vehicles, this is my first American made vehicle and I love it. I am hoping Dodge stays alive and the economy improves becuase the new ones look great as well.

Basic interior controls, Room, Ride Quality, Hemi Engine, Power, Price, Looks, Bed Space, Towing Capacity, Rims, 4WD, Looks again.

No improvements are needed. Everyone complains about fuel mileage, but with the MDS Engine in the Hemi this truck averages about the same as some small size trucks. I looked at small trucks first before realizing the fuel mileage is almost the same with the full size. This Truck is Perfect.

Improved gas mileage!
By Myron King

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love my 5.7 liter Dodge. I have a single in dual out flowmaster and recently installed a cai and an exhaust cutout. It sounds mean! I am getting a total of 18.6 mpg highway. I got a total of 480 miles on a single tank of gas it was 90% hwy and the rest city. This truck rocks! It's far better than any 5.6, 5.4, 0r 5.3.

I love the aggressive look and sound.

Lock for tailgate, and softer seats.

First Dodge
By ESC

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Dodge purchase. Really like the vehicle and room in the front and rear. Nice flip up back seat for storage.

I love the reliability, smooth ride, and large size. This is also the first vehicle that I've owned that hasn't required any warranty work or recall orders.

The stock tires only lasted about 28,000 miles - they were junk. Vehicle gets out of alignment easy. Cloth seats stain easy and don't come clean. Gas mileage is horrible initially, then gets better after about 12,000 miles. AC is not that great and defrost doesn't seem to be very good either.

What you would expect
By Tooadvanced

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have 06 Ram Big Horn 1500. I don't get the mileage everyone is talking about and nor does anyone of my friends who has the Hemi Dodge. We all get around 11.5 to 14.5 mpg but hey it's a truck with a Hemi. Performace is good but typical Dodge with power dropping after 6-8 months. I've countered this with a cold air kit, Banks power pack and superchips programmer. Mpg now at 12 to 14. Interior is not of the Ford or Chevy but that's what you get for $10000 less. Still take the Dodge over the Chevy or Ford any day of the week. Best looking truck out there I think. No mechanical probs yet. Make sure you get anti-spin diff other wise power will leave you spinning in the rain or snow.

Price, Hemi, new offroad tires

They fixed all my complaints on new Dodge. Oh the digital mileage computer is off. That's probably why everyone thinks they get 20 mpg. Do the math and the mileage is crap. Dodge know this. I've have friends who work for Dodge and they know it's wrong

Father and Son's favorite toy
By TheNatesJr&Sr

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Edition Quad Cab to replace my 2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I needed the room since I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I need to put a carseat in it for my son. I love the fact that I don't have to bend down or over to put my son in his chair. My back thanks MOPAR for the truck's ride height. I have the MDS Hemi I average about 22-23 MPG. I put an AEM Brute force intake on it and a Flowmaster Super 40 series muffler on it. Needless to say its the biggest, baddest truck on the block. My son loves it just as much as I do. I feel safe in it no matter what the weather does. I prefer to take it when we go camping or on any long road trip. I love this truck.

Hemi MDS, 4X4, Quad cab, Sirius sattelite radio, lots of room and style. I dig the price too with the Big Horn Edition you get more for less somehow, I aint knockin' it. It was thousands less than other trucks I looked at. It's a really good looking truck. Fully boxed frame is nice too.

Need a solid front axle! The IFS is really good in this truck, but please MOPAR give me a solid front axle! I don't really care for the electronic shift on the fly either. Ditch the Goodforayears, mine wore out in less than 2 years! Had to buy some Cooper Zeon LTZ's, big improvement.