Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

06 Dodge ram 1500 slt
By peter135

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Ram runs great course every vehicle has their problems and none are perfect, but this truck is great if u have the MDS in the hemi 5.7 then its a great engine with a good drive line behind it to be honest im not to thrilled on the 4.7 it drinks gas and doesn't have much power considering that engine at that time was designed with the Dakota and Durango more in mind so made for a lighter truck but I work for dodge and their new 5.7's, 4.7's the new 3.6 and not released yet but the new 3.0 diesel in the 1500 all great engines again the 4.7 drinks fuel but the others are great looking around 14-19 mpg depending on your driving habbits. all in all GREAT trucks.

all of them

from factory they put on shitty tires cup quickly and cause vibrations.

06 mega 4x4 hemi
By 06mega1

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hemi power is a joke, could not spin the tires on wet grass. Starts to pull a little after 4000 rpm. I tow a two place snomobile trailer loaded and feels like the brakes are on. Ride is rough and choppy for a long wheel base. I have replaced all ujoints,tie rods,wheel bearings,ball joints,shocks and still it wanders all over the road.With some aftermarket add ons i can now pass for a sober driver but have to work at it.Still has a vibration at 75 that no one can fix.Sterio sounds really good when it feels like powering up but wont half the time.Rear power windows roll up and down great but only when they want to. 12 mpg on a great day but normally 9 or so.

Every one says to me, man thats a sharp truck, it sounds really nice with dual flowmasters.Im like yea till my wife gets beside it in her yukon with a 6.2 vortec and leaves it like its going backwards. It does have a great amount of room and a sharp exterior and thats why i bought it. mpg? who really cares in a truck this size.

Dodge, figure out how to wire a your vehicles so electronics will last longer than it takes to drive it off the lot. Build a smooth running drive trane with no vibrations. Build a front end that isnt completely shot at 60k miles. Make it drive as good as a g.m. truck,lol.

2006 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi
By wilson1970

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my ram hemi used two years ago had 11000 miles. My truck is the nice black slt quad cab.
Love the hemi but now have the dreaded he hi tick.
Now have 27900 on it. Change oil and have recommend service at local dealer. Have had to replace breakers and tires and had blend door replaced. Was very expensive! Don't drive it in the winter as I wish to keep it and give it to my oldest son in two years. Gas mileage is not that bad if you keep a light foot.
Wish I had gotten the sat radio the factory one sucks...

Hemi power quad cab,power sliding back window

Some sore of light telling when MDS is changing to 4 cylinder.

BE WARNED!!!
By papasai

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my '06 ram 1500 SLT hemi v8 4x4 Quad cab after 1 year of ownership. I owned 2 Ford F150 FX4 crew cabs before this. No comparison. you get what you pay for and that is why dodge's are cheaper. Not only did the truck depreciate by $10,000 in a year without any damage, high mileage, or the like, but my confidence in it's reliability is to the point that I'm biting the bullet and eating all the inequity in my next deal. Terrible ride, they might as well call it an extended cab, the transmission has had issues, rear window leaked, it didn't crank on two occasions and couldn't be diagnosed,and you don't want to hit a bump going 70mph or more, especially in bad conditions.

Not a bad looking truck.

2006 Dodge Ram
By brent

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st truck: so no comparison-but I love it. Got the V-6 and it has plenty of power. Truck came with the optional lower rear end; which I wouldn't have bought-maybe this helps with the power? Have thought about changing to the standard rear end-but wonder if any computers would need to be changed. Water pump failed at around 50K, which I didn't think should happen. My main complaint is the AC. It has never been cold. Took it back to the dealer and he said it was operating to spec. Dropped the headliner and put in a heat shield and tinted the rear windshield but didn't seem to help. Now the recirc door has broken (maybe has been broken for a long time) which really limits the airflow.

I like the appearance of the truck. The capacity for 6 passengers. The back seat is adequate; but wish I had the larger one(Crew or Mega). Like the ride height. Have the ST, the basic truck. Have added cruise,fog lights,trip computer, Bluetooth, DVD, Nav, radio, Kicker speakers and sub.

The HVAC system. Overall, it not cold enough. And now I discover this major problem with the plenum doors breaking. This should be a recall.