Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Kick some SVT Behinds
By azpyroguy

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Albeit the fact that I have made nearly $20,000 in mods to my trucks, I look forward everyday to driving it. love the sound, the looks I get. When I "matte" it at 35mph she gets sideways... can you say yeee haw!! But what do you expect with a truck with around 700hp. It has all the sound of True Viper! Yes, the mileage is bad on it, but I went into buying it knowing that it got terrible mileage. If you want an eco car get a Yugo! If you have the need for power and speed get a Ram SRT-10!

Power, endless rush of torque

More motor! One can never have enough power!

Big Horn-4 Doors Does Not a Wimpy Truck
By justabeegirl

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When my '99 Durango was closing in on the 70k mark and since I really and truly loathed the new style Durangos and had no need for 3rd row seating, a Quad Cab 4x4 would suit my needs just as well as my 'Rango plus w/Hemi power. It could be a blast. Keep in mind, in Aug of '05 I bought #2436 of '05s 4263 produced Rumble Bees. My Bee is a std cab and I didn't know if my 4 ft longer girl would meet expectations. This new Hemi MDS engine thing for '06-its a fallacy. I still get 24-26 on the hiway just like my Bee. I lucked out on price tho. $41k down to $29k because the guy who ordered her refused delivery- she's decked out like a Hemi Sport-Hood Scoop; skirts, and chromed to die for.

Lay down rear seats-great 4 hauling my German Shepherd and awkward items I don't want banging around in the bed. Hemi power is Nadia's greatest attribute. I love 0-60 in ? Do your own test. 20" tires tend to thwart rubber ignition however. New tires, mucho deniro! But oh they love it when I forget!

Nadia was a little bland when I bought her. Yeah, she had chrome accents but nothin like now. I couldn't do any mods to my Bee so I splurged on this Quad! Patriot grille, door/tailgate handles, Big Horn Sills, BugGuard and 20" Wheels. She's gorgeous, but not gaudy. She's a headturner!

My first new truck in 16 years
By GW Brown

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the truck for just over a month now and I love it. I drive 40 miles each way to work and am getting about 17 miles to the gallon. Better than I expected! The 4.7 has more than enough power for my use and the interior provides all the room I need to get my family around. Dodge could make a locking tailgate standard. I had to go and by one to prevent it from being stolen. All in all I love the look and ride it provides. Hope to keep it for 10 years or 250,000 miles.

The fold flat rear floor and the under the rear seat storage.

Locking tailgate standard.

Month 2 and still a blast to drive
By Furyous

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Going into my second month with this truck and it is still a blast to drive. The only down side is the mileage but you know that going in.

Power, power and more power. Whenever you hit the gas you get a rush.

If they find someway of improving the gas without harming performance is the only improvement I can think of.

Update
By Jess

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Truck is absolutely perfect in every way. No problems at all and has become quite peppy now that it's broken in. I'm averaging 17 mpg's around town and I got 21.6 on a short 500 mile trip. I only use Chevron fuel and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. I am extremely pleased with this new Dodge Ram. I can honestly say that this is the best Ram I've owned, ever! My only negative is that the Quad cab Ram is smaller then the Tundra double cab. Need the Mega Cab to get more cab space then Tundra. The Quad cab Ram is bigger in overall size but smaller in cab space.

Satelite radio. Heated mirrors and seats. True bucket seats. Under seat storage. Aggressive Looks

Larger quad cab. More power for the 4.7