Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Satisfied Owner
By Dave

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Definitely love the Hemi. Don't even know there's a trailer back there, pulls HARD!. Very Fast. Whole truck is real tight, nothing falling apart. Only problem in 3 years was blower motor which was fixed under warranty. Besides that never been to the repair shop.

Get the Hemi. Better mileage than the 4.7 plus pulls twice as hard.

Perfect.

Oregon viper
By BEN GRIM

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 Viper SRT 10 in Tucson AZ. When I first seen it I knew I had to have it. It is white with blue stripes that goes from the front to the rear of the vehicle. 2 dr with all the bells and whistles of course 6 speed. I'm running on 22" like any true player would. My truck is 99 out of 200 made that year. I was told that this might possibly be a collectors item. I presently have 6000 miles on it, shall I sell or keep?!

The international color scheme and of course the power! When you roll up in this beast it's like Moses parting the red sea, everyone just gets out of your way. You are like the elephant in the china shop. For true SRT 10 owners you own one of the fastest production trucks in the world.

Not a thing. That is what makes it a classic.

Hemi Sweet!
By Big Daytona

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first pickup that I have ever owned, and it is AMAZING. Lots of power, comfortable ride (for a truck), and a blast to drive. My '05 Ram has the Daytona package (silver), and it constantly turns heads. Semi drivers on the highway turn to look at it then realize it's a girl driving it! Haven't used four-wheel drive much, but it did get me to work in a snowstorm without skipping a beat. Limited slip hooks up quickly, and it has been known to go sideways on wet pavement, but that is part of the fun. I love this truck!

Hemi power, tight build quality, comfortable interior, fantastic roadway visibility.

Limited slip hooks up too soon, burnouts too short! No MDS on '05 model year means poorer gas mileage, but I am getting 18 mpg on the highway.

it sucks the gas
By 05Ram1500

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck with the 6 cylinder because I thought the mileage would be nice. I am getting 14 city and the best so far 16.5 Highway. If I run the the gas gauge to empty it cost 86 bucks to fill up at 3.20 a gallon. The towing rating for this 4 door 3.7L 6M truck is only 3500 pounds. I have to shift gears at at least 2750 RPM or I get passed by dump trucks when accelerating from a dead stop. My little SUV gets better mileage, tows more, and has an extra 75 horsepower. I should have got the HEMI!

Very Reliable and it looks nice.

I do not think they should offer a 3.7L, 215HP, v6 to move a 5200 pound truck. Dodge needs to make this base truck more efficient.

Brian's review
By brian

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent all-around truck for work, commuting, and getting the family around. Very comfortable to drive, with power seating option. Great visibility in poor weather on the interstate as compared to a previous GMC that sat lower to the ground. Tows very well with excellent stability. Corners very well with 20 inch wheel option. Stops on a dime. Never felt more in control when driving a truck. No mechanical problems of any kind with over 47K miles on this truck. I just had the brakes checked at my last service interval and they had about 60% remaining on the pads, so it's definitely a low maintenance vehicle. The 4.7L V-8 is adequate, but the Hemi would be even more fun.

Power leather seats with sunroof option.

Recommend getting the Hemi engine for more performance. When I purchased this vehicle, it was the only one in the area with the sunroof/leather package so a Hemi wasn't an option unless it were special ordered.