Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Love it!
By Srodeogirl7

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. V8, 6 Speed Manual a couple of days ago, used of course but in great shape. Best truck for my money! It is a great drive seats are way better on my bad back than my previous Ford. Love the power and having 6 speeds. I also love that i am a 5' tall girl and I can still reach the clutch with no problems. Great truck, i might have to become a Dodge girl!

Seats, Manual transmission option, looks great!

Well it goes without saying that $20 in gas sure doesn't get you to far with a V8, but it sure purrs!

By First & Last Dodge

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

The truck looks good. Gas mileage is satisfactory. 4.7 does have plenty of power.

Reliability and build quality

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

The five speed auto is smooth and sure. The bed size is perfect; I wanted a quad cab with a USABLE bed and this is the best one on the market.

none

Never again!
By 1ruger4570

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I Bought this truck because I had heard good things about the new Dodge trucks in 2005. I have regretted it. Problems include: EGR valve, rough idle (fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump, replacement of one means replacement of both) the adjustable driver's seat track has broken five times in 39,000 miles. When the seat track breaks the seat freely travels back and forth upon acceleration or braking (dangerous and painful). Dodge has told me that they do not care. Their very high up management has told me that the safety of one person is not that important to them since there have not been many other complaints. Never again will I buy a Dodge. They do not believe in their product.

Great styling. Great room for driver. Very comfortable to drive. Premium cloth seating is very nice and comfortable. Boxed frame seems sufficiently strong. Relatively quiet and smooth ride.

larger back seat. Fix the EGR system. Beef up the front suspension and steering. Doors howl very loud in a cross-wind. Fix the crummy design of the adjustable bucket seating. Realize that the consumer's safety is very important or payback the American people's money and go out of business.

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.

Seats

All basic mechanical operation, transmission, driveline seals, bearings on drivetrain and wheels, differential, and transmission filter. If you are a brand guy you will ignore this review anyways, but if you are not, do not make the same mistake that I did. Pay the extra money & get something else