Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Ram SRT-10
By Ronnie

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

When I saw my Ram SRT I fell in love with the way it looked. It looks like it is flying when it is just sitting still. The front of the truck is unlike any other truck out there, being styled very aggressive looking and shouting get out of my way. The interior is actually very comfortable and stylish. The performance of the truck is the main reason I had to have it. The Viper drivetrain is the heart of the truck which makes it a beast. I have driven the truck on small trips to visit family which is 130 miles round trip. The speed limit is 55 mph the entire trip. The truck has averaged 16.5 to 17.8 mpg at a constant speed of 62 mph in 6th gear at 1400 rpm several times. Highway miles only!

The best feature is the insane power from the viper v-10 motor and the 6 speed gear box. My truck was also ordered with a 4:56 diff instead of the stock 4:11 which really gives it some serious low end grunt. The suspension and brakes really make this truck handle like a serious sports car.

The only complaint I have is the excessive brake dust on the 22" wheels even after a fresh cleaning and a short trip to the local HD. The amount of dust seems a little excessive, but the dealer told me that this is normal with a performance brake.

Hemi Ram Rocks
By scott

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second of the current generation of Ram. The first was a 2002 Quad Cab with a 5.9 V8. Great truck. This one is even better with a Hemi and 5 speed auto transmission. Very reliable and fun to drive. I recently had to rent a 2006 Chevy Silverado and could not wait to get back into the Dodge. It out performed the Chevy in almost every way. I will buy another one for sure.

Confortable ride. Great looks. Fun to drive. Solid. Quality materials in and out.

Better gas mileage.

SRT10 smokes
By BOB

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Hands down this truck sets the curve.. personally I would like all that power and performance in a 4x4 .This is my first truck not a 4x4. and was aprehensive, but I am happy with the performance. I know however the day will come when it is stuck on the job site and I am looking for another powered axle. but until then, giddy up!

Absolute performance and power and I get to drive it to work.

Make the 6 speed tranny available in the quad cab? 4x4?

The Best Truck Ever
By Adrian

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive. One can feel the power as soon as you start it. Not all cars give you the same feel. My wife has the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it doesn't come close, it just doesn't feel lke a true 500hp car. With this Dodge baby you know what you have under the hood. The driving is great, although, the turns are a bit wider than most trucks. The only compaint I get from my wife is that the seats are not very comfortable for long travel, and the gas usage, well let's put it this way, those who buy this type of trucks really shouldn't care about that, we know is high, but this truck is a luxury. Last word, this truck make you feel like you're driving a nascar.

The outside styling, the stereo is great,the navigation sys, the U Connect for the mobile, but overall the outside styling. This truck catches your eye.

Defetnitly the seats, they look great, like a racing car should look, but they're just not comfortable, and after a four hour drive your back will let you know that.

The Thunder Rolls
By SCox82

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Ram 4.7L SLT Quad Cab for an '05 w/ a Hemi. This truck will pull a tree out of the ground! The most powerful gas V8 I've driven by far. Gas mileage not so good but come on it's a truck w/ power. What do you expect? Truck rides smooth and doesn't miss a beat going up hills on the highway. Should have went with the Hemi to begin with b/c there is a great difference in power and the gas mileage doesn't differ a whole lot.

Hemi power, 20" wheels, smooth ride, guage panel

Of course gas mileage but everyone will complain about this until their truck gets 30 mpg