Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Money pit
By rm slone

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new. It was OK for about 75K miles. I always had it serviced by the dealer according to manufacturer's recommendation, it now has 135K. I had to have one of the engine heads replaced because of a crack. The transmission shifts OK but will not move for several seconds after starting. The 4x4 is very weak. The front differential has leaked since 115K miles and they can't seem to get it stopped, In the last 20K miles I've replaced the left CV axle and stub shaft once and the left CV axle and stub shaft 3 times. I seldom use the 4x4. This will be my last Dodge or Ram truck

bad ass srt
By ron

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Great truck! Loads of SMOOTH power, Hemi eater, Volant air box, magna flows. have all oem parts available with truck. garaged and babied, shines excellent, interior brand new looking. Note to owners out there, these trucks have wild rear end steer, tighten U bolts with big bar it will improve and tame your beast a lot!

Grandma-na-viper
By Tammy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned this truck for 10 years... all I can say is "HOLD ON". Not a good idea to "hot dog" in the rain, the rear end is so light it could get away from ya.. but on dry flat surface... good bye! Still handles like a dream at 11yrs old. Interior still like new. Exterior paint didn't last more than a few years.

For my wife !!!
By Roy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

My wife had a 4 dr truck she loved. She drove it tell it started falling apart. Her dream car is a Viper so I bought her the best of both. A 4 dr srt-10 Viper she loves the truck and I rarely get to drive this one. It has excellent acceleration and braking to match great combo for a truck and fun to drive.

Good truck
By Jason warren

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third dodge truck I have had great dealer support 4.7 engine is reliable but could use a better torque curve