Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great truck
By Doug

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with the truck. Other family members who own Nissan, F250 and F350 trucks borrow this one for light hauling because it is so much more comfortable and easier to drive.

Ride, styling, interior comfort and room, reliability/quality, 5 speed auto means low RPM on highway.

4.7 is a little weak, I might should have gotten the Hemi but it was an expensive option at that time.

Water pump blew at 14,000 miles
By Kevin

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 6th Dodge and was very aggrivated with all the problems. Water pump failed leaving me stuck out of state for 3 days, steering wheel wobble, steering wheel radio controls fell off all at around 14,000 miles. Since then I have not had any problems and am approaching 60K .I need a truck and at the time Dodge seemed the best of the bunch but am not sure if I would purchase a Dodge again especially with the poor warranty. I'm stuck with this truck due to the poor resale value so hopefully I won't have any more problems and hope to get a 150K out of it. This truck is still better than the Ford and Chevy I had.

At the time only Quad cab that offered a 6ft bed, affordable price, large console, 6 passenger seating

Better fuel economy, upgrade the cheap interiors

2004 Dodge Cummins
By drhodie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Without the Cummins engine this truck would be plastic on wheels. The transmissions have always been and will always be a problem for Dodge. The interior lacks the comfort of Ford, however the exterior looks tough. The truck also rides like a truck, be prepared for back problems.

Diesel Cummins engine

Transmissions, interior, and suspension

What can I say, wow
By Raven72

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Switched from a 2000 F-150 Lariat last year for my Dodge QC Hemi, Wow what a difference. More power, no problem pulling my trailer and better comfort than the F150. Driving is far better and alot smoother. The interior has enough room where you dont think your sitting next the other person.

Hemi power. Love it when I step on the pedal and I'm off in a flash. Towing is a joy. I had to keep looking back to make the trailer was still there.

Cup holder in the front needs redesigned, keeps sticking. Need to make a brake controller an option.

Great Truck!
By Paul

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my hemi quad cab with 28000 miles and the only problem I have had was a bad O2 sensor in the cat. But all sensors go sooner or later. I had a Ford explorer 4x4 with traction controll which handled well in the snow. The ram surprisingly handled better without adding extra weight to the bed.

Floor it and put heads into the back or the seat. Hemi power. Lots of room. Best looks of all trucks

The cupholder is the biggest piece of crap. When you want it to open it won't and when you want it to close it doesn't. Also they should put the 6.1L HEMI engine in the rams, just to shut Toyota up (the commercials are annoying)