Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Talk About an Impulse Buy
By 3ric

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After leaving Lowe's one day without the ladder I needed, I decided I had to have a truck. Traded in my baby would- be-paid-off-in-a-month Grand Prix for a Silver Hemi Ram. Everything I could ever want in a truck, and more. After hauling 3 things 4 miles in 2 months, and dropping twice as much on gas, I came to the frightening realization that I had made a mistake. I don't NEED a truck. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else, so I'm stuck and more upside down than a cake. Don't get me wrong, the truck is hot and fun (in a straight line), but I feel trapped.

LOOKS! Sport trim, aluminum grille, 20" chrome rims, POWER, solid interior, sweet exhaust note, fog lights. Oh, and did I mention POWER?

The stiff and bumpy ride gets old fast, and is SCARY if you hit a bump going more than 40mph. gas mileage. I know it's 345hp, but 13 mpg highway is atrocious! Add some color to the interior. Infinity sound is a joke.

Bad buy
By bigdaddy

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bad gas mileage, ABS system problems. When braking pulls to left, skips at around 1700 rpm, noisy, lacks power

Cab back storage is good. Paint color..molten red metalic

Larger V-6, improve fuel economy, air conditioning is weak

Cant Dodge it? Ram it...
By EckAtState

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for 8 months, and I've enjoyed her. I've added a CD player and subwoofer, having a camper top (bought her with it) helped when moving home at end of college year. I'm a big guy (6'2") and I fit perfectly in the driver seat, the white faced gauges are easy to see/read. The lack of shelving behind the seats were a dissappointment, so i built some of my own. The 4.7L at times seems underpowered but gets the job done satisfactorally. All and all, she is a great truck.

I like the bold exterior styling. Haven't seen too many like mine, so it doesnt get lost in the parking lot.

Improve the mpg and power.

Brakes Bad
By Terry

The front brakes have been bad since 5100 miles. I turned rotors, replaced rotors ar 12136 miles and now it has 24000 miles and I still have the same warping on front rotors, The dealership has now decided I drive the truck too hard and they now want ot charge me $180 to turn rotors that only have 12,000 miles on them. Never buy another Chrysler product.

Better brakes

Got what I paid for and then some
By dave

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Strong truck (have carried literally a ton of material when doing a major home renovation), 4.7 V8 is plenty powerful for me. Towed the biggest trailer U-Haul has with ease. Handles and brakes surprisingly well, especially given size - it's even nimble. For example, somebody cut me off hard on the interstate one day and I was able to brake/swerve to avoid an accident with little difficulty. Very pleased with the vehicle. Very drivable vehicle.

Power, braking, pulling (I have the two package). Sound system is excellent (Infinity). Extra shelf and space behind the seat is wonderful.

Work on the mileage a bit - with the little 8, maybe 20 mpg with no load wouldn't be too much to ask? Also, would LOVE to see a deadpedal - I miss this from my Toyota.