Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 377 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Yes! Yes! Yes!
By johnyrocket

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I just purchased it, and I love this truck. It has great power on tap at any time. For what it is, it's just truly unbelievable. I walk away every time in absolute awe. I have found Heaven on Earth and the fact that it just draws people like very few other cars can do. So if you want a performace vehicle and gas isn't a factor, this is a usable truck that can actually carry more than her purse.

The 505ci 500hp and 6-speed. So basically the drive-train hands down.

4:56 or 4:88 rear end gear.

Dodge Muscle
By OfficerRam

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Best of both worlds with muscle car looks and performance. Cavernous interior for my six foot three body. Mechanically reliable so far at 17k miles.

Hemi passing power and 20 inch rims rock. More physically appealing than its Ford and GM competitors in my opinion.

The Infinity sound system is loud but lacks punch. Brake rotors warped on me in under 13k miles, and the dealer claimed it was "driving habits" or over tightened lug nuts which was excuse to make me pay to get the rotors turned. Jumpy ride which I hear Dodge is correcting for 2006.

I love my truck!
By Lacey

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After owning only Fords for years, this was my first truck and first Dodge. I have been very impressed with the whole experience. The dealership made me feel like a princess and multiple employees still come out to say "hi" when I get my oil changed. The truck itself has wonderful steering and braking response. I have almost 20k miles on it and am totally sold on it!

My Dodge offers great backseat space for loading/unloading kids and groceries. Also, the all around visibility is fantastic.

I have yet to see anything that I just have to "deal with" on this truck. If I had to come up with something - maybe radio controls on the steering wheel.

2004 Feedback
By Tester

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far, the Hemi has been good, but in retrospect, I would either have elected to go with the 3.92 axle instead of the 3.55 (just trying to squeeze as much MPG as possible and based on $2.09/gallon, who could blame me?) for around town driving and towing or simply employ the 4.7L verus the Hemi I purchased. The Infinity Sound System Volume Limit and basic speakers were a dissappointment. The ride is quite comfortable, the straight-forward cabin layout is obviously German influenced and for the BETTER I say. I wish they would take another 3 inches out of the bed and add them to the rear cabin. All in all, a good value for $3k less than Ford or Chevy. Think about it.

Cabin, cabin layout, huge center console and storage. Exterior styling, marginal crew-cab for an extended cab price. Logical engine layout arrangement. Easy flip up rear seat for storage access. A comfortable and quiet ride

Take another 3 inches out of the bed and add it to the rear cab. A 6' bed versus a 6' 3" bed is minimal. The 3 inches added to the cab would make this a perfect light-duty arrangement. Work on the mileage...it's not acceptable. Ford and Dodge both need work here. Chevy wins the MPG race hands-down.

Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT 5.7L HEMI
By DaBearshhh

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Gotta have the 5.7L! 345 horses with amazing torque. I added a Volcan air intake and 3 inch dual exhausts and it's pushing 360 horses and still maintains around 13.8 mpg. If you want raw power... this is the truck you want.

Engine, Infinity sound system