Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 377 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

There will never be a substitute
By Trambusto

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck! I don't think I'll ever fall in love with another vehicle the way I fell in love with this one. Sure, there are things I wish it had, like satelight radio. But compared to other truck manufacturers, I love this one the best. I love that it's big. I love that it takes up space. I love that it takes me 3 attempts to park it. I love that I can fit all my toys in it. I love that it can snow a foot and I don't have to worry. This is the best vehicle I've ever had. Trading it in will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do.

My truck doesn't have any one feature that is my favorite. There are no special toys. It could have a CD changer. It could have an awesome sound system. It could have satellite radio. But it's just an average truck.

Just what I said. Give it sound. Give it satellite. Give it navigation. Hell, give it a sunroof. It's already a great vehicle. Solid. Sturdy. Blows everyone away.

Great Truck
By flo-rite

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Had it a little over a year and have had no problems. Rides great and has lots of get-up-and-go even though it doesn't have the Hemi. I can't imagine how much power this thing would have with a Hemi, the standard V8 is that good. Handles amazingly well considering its size. Great ride and plenty of passenger room.

Ride comfort, power, reliability and handling.

Lousy gas mileage, but I was expecting that. I get about 15 in town and 18 on the highway.

'04 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed 20" Dubs
By TSavage

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Strong truck easy to drive and handle. Performance 2nd to none with the hemi. Smooth shifting auto-trans, solid ride, and very capable 4X4. Interior components solid, not shaky like my Fords wiggly windows or my GM's flimsy interior parts or mushy seats. Best truck on the road for the money today!

Performance and good looks.

Gas mileage

Talk About an Impulse Buy
By 3ric

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After leaving Lowe's one day without the ladder I needed, I decided I had to have a truck. Traded in my baby would- be-paid-off-in-a-month Grand Prix for a Silver Hemi Ram. Everything I could ever want in a truck, and more. After hauling 3 things 4 miles in 2 months, and dropping twice as much on gas, I came to the frightening realization that I had made a mistake. I don't NEED a truck. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else, so I'm stuck and more upside down than a cake. Don't get me wrong, the truck is hot and fun (in a straight line), but I feel trapped.

LOOKS! Sport trim, aluminum grille, 20" chrome rims, POWER, solid interior, sweet exhaust note, fog lights. Oh, and did I mention POWER?

The stiff and bumpy ride gets old fast, and is SCARY if you hit a bump going more than 40mph. gas mileage. I know it's 345hp, but 13 mpg highway is atrocious! Add some color to the interior. Infinity sound is a joke.

Very Good Offroad Truck
By GDOG

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I think this is great off road truck! Goes anywhere! I have taken it through some tuff places and not had one problem getting me there or out! Have pulled many Fords out of ditches with it too!! I do this with no after market add ons also!!

Handles the off road perfect!

Bigger Back seat for the extended cab models.