Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 377 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge truck
By millie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The hemi gives good gas mileage at 65/70 highway-but-drops in city driving to 12/13. ride is excellent and room for 6 passengers except for the shift to 4 wheel drive the person in the front seat does not have much room. OK, for short distances but overall comfortable and a good drive/work/towing truck would highly recomend a test drive and purchase.

Comfortable ride and roomy interior. Fun to drive and the visability is excellent

Remove the 4 wheel drive shifter and use an electric system-or-nove the shifting rod closer to the dash to provide more space to the center passenger.

Suprised with my SRT-10 Ram
By bill31157

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I wish it was a little lower and the subwoofer had a little more thump. I get 15.7 mpg between city and highway. I got 16.7 mpg on the road before I did two modifications to the truck. What truck do you know that they give you mileage figures of 9mpg and 11 mpg, and I got much more then that. I had two new Chevys, and they were both wrong. I got much less then what they told me they would get. I get between 18mpg and 21 mpg on the road with the two modifications that I did. This is a 10 cylinder with 500 horses. I love the torque. It looks great.

Horses, torque, 6spd tranny, looks. That front end. Interior, seats.

The subwoofer needs more thump. Lower the truck a couple inches. Give it a five or better yet a six speed automatic tranny.

Still happy with my truck after 2 years.
By RamRobStL

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

No real complaints, bought it to use as a light duty truck and in that respect it works flawlessly. A bit unhappy with Dodge's claims about the gas mileage, I see nowhere near 21 on the highway, more like 14-15, but I did not buy it solely for the gas mileage.

The outside styling, love the look of the Ram.

Hey Dodge, why not drop a small diesel into the 1500 Ram? Use the one from the Liberty. Improved gas mileage, improved towing and an already proven drive train. Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

Fun and tough
By Jon

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've found my Dodge truck to be both fun and tough. It went through being rear ended at 20+ mph with only minor damage and no occupant injuries. It does pretty well on mpg with averages of over 20 mpg on the highway. I drove it through a huricane in SC through headlight deep water and high winds with no problems at all. It handles well and with the hemi engine has plenty of power and performance. I am very pleased with this truck.

The cab is comfortable and everything is easy to get to.

Add lighting to illiminate the cupholder area.

Great truck
By Great Ride

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I got the truck at 7000 miles, and have loved it ever since. My satisfaction only improved once I had dual flowmasters installed on it. My wife loves it on trips, but hates me driving, because i like to use the HEMI power. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that she prefers to ride in over her 4cyl car.

Power! Clean, simple, interior design. overall, the best truck I have owned.

The only problem i have is that my truck came with the tow mirrors, which I dont need too often. So, its a pain on the toll way and narrow freeway lanes. However, for $285 dollars, smaller factory mirrors can be purchased.