Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 234 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Done Right
By TopDawg

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Looks(Wow)...Comfort(Wow)....Performance (Wow) No matter where I go, people complement me on this truck. Black with Larmine Trim and the HEMI! Purchased hard shell for the bed to finish the look. Power. looks and comfort all in one package is unheard of and gas mileage around town with the Hemi is 13, with today's gas price hard but expected.

Hemi, more power than I thought. Interior has room for anything, including the wife. Overall look is impressive. Power adjust pedals is my wife's favorite.

Multi-disc CD player

I love my Hemi, but...
By joeblow

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '03 Hemi new in '03. It has been a marvelous truck. It's been in the dealership twice to replace warped brake rotors and to install new calipers. Dodge has a problem with brakes on these trucks. Mine has 20" wheels, leather, Infinity, Hemi, 4WD, tow package, SLT loaded. The only negative I see is the gas mileage. Has awesome power. Thought about trading truck in on one of these fuel conserving small SUV's but can't bring myself to do it. I guess I'll just keep on paying the high prices for gas.

HEMI, HEMI, HEMI, love the audio controls on the backside of the steering wheel, love the leather.

I would like to see better tires on the ram. My Goodyear 20" are pretty much worn out at 39K. I would love to get better gas mileage. I'm averaging around 14 overall.

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

The loading platform inside the cab when the back seat folds up. The heated front seats. The dual temperature controls for the driver and the passenger.

None I can think of except better gas mileage.

Nice truck, bad paint
By gus

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It is a nice truck with a lot of power, but fuel consumption with 1500 lbs in the back is to much. Until now no problems, but the paint is very sensitive. The truck is used in the oilfields and works fine

Power in 4W drive

Paint is very sensitive, a brush of a tree and it is damaged

What a truck... quality, comfort, power.
By GeorgeJones

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My 2003 Dodge Ram has 44,250 miles and runs like it came off the showroom. I average 14.5 mpg in stop and go and can get close to 18 on the highway. These are on the conservative days i might add. Very economical for the power of this pickup. I have had no problems what so ever with my truck. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the truck is very powerful, the 4x4 system works like a charm, i hunt quite a bit and do use it. Just had my friend bill lose a transmission in his Tundra at 40,000. He paid 5500 more than me. Sad I must say. This is an excellent buy and a great vehicle.

Hemi power is overwhelming, seats are really comfortable, gas mileage is very good for the power. I'm glad they put the 6.5' bed on the quad cab rams. Nice steering also.

Lose the 20's on the 4x4 models, it really makes it useless. Mine didn't come with them but I had them on my last 03' 2wd. Make 265/70's standard on the 4wd and 33" optional like on the powerwagon. Dodge guys hunt, fish, and have an active lifestyle