Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 234 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

'03 Ram 5.9L V8
By Ross O

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I'm pleased with the truck. It looks great and has plenty of power on tap. No major problems except an emissions vapor canister which I have to replace. Mine is an early '03 so I still have the old 5.9L 360, but from the Hemi owners I've seen and talked to, I still get better gas mileage!

The looks of the truck and sound of dual exhaust on Magnum power! Interior design is nice as well.

Fuel mileage isn't the greatest even with a K&N air filter, throttle body spacer, and Flowmaster exhaust. I get 13 city 15 highway at best, winter is worse! The transmission on this motor isn't the greatest. Shifts into O/D way to early.

Not bad, not great
By RamTHIS03

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I agree with anyone that says the V6 is underpowered. If I were to do it over again, and have more money, I'd buy the Hemi version. The 6 is grossly underpowered. All in all, good daily driver, but for an enthusiast, it makes for a pretty boring truck. If only I had gotten the V8, I might be having more fun.

The looks. Can't beat the look of the new Rams. Very comfortable ride too.

Don't even offer the V6 in this truck, it takes away so much from the driving fun. Keep the 6's in the Dakota if you have to keep them in a truck at all.

The Hemi
By mj23cantona

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Only had it for a year -it was stolen- overall I was happy, my wife loved it, but gas mileage was horrible, 60% freeway, 40% city and it's average was about 11.5 mpg. A few electrical glicks, rear lights especially.

The Hemi, the 20" wheels.

Gas mileage. Maybe offer gearshift somewhere other than the steering wheel.

Best Truck I've Owned
By 1badram

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, then I went out and bought the '03 Ram. There is a world of difference in power, comfort and the amount of room inside. Dodge did a great job with the new truck!

Power, comfort, and styling

Gas mileage

dodgeram 1500 slt
By john gomes

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I found the dodge 1500 slt 4.7 had good power and take off .the bodey has a great look to it.inside could use more detail around the dashboard and raido also controlpanel.seating is very confortable and roomy for seven pepole.suspenstion in the raer could use more woork soo it dosent droop down with fully loaded bed besides that i am verey happy with my quade cab 1500 slt ram.

I love the bodystyle and allaround apperance of the ram 1500 Slt ram.dashboard gages and speedomiter compiment the iside of the truck.the heated mirrows are very coveint.the weels or rims also give the ram 1500 slt a very classy but tough look.

in the cab. dashboard and raido shoud have more of a classy but tougher look to matche the tought and classy look of the truck itself.rear suspention sould hold more weight so it dosent drope down so it stayes firm and dosent sway backe and forth