Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Ram Quad Cab 2x4
By ArtNickel

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding drivetrain, comfortable ride. It is used for work truck. Found after purchase, the boots on the "lifetime" front upper and lower bearings were all cracked and the tires were rubbing the steering because they were oversized.

Power train, reliability, and comfort of ride.

Dodge needs to recall all with sealed front bearings and replace them with bearings with lube fittings. In either case, they are the most poorly designed item on the truck!! Also, they need to redesign the front end steering to allow larger tire sizes.

Good truck
By jim

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this used and from day one put it to work and has done everthing I've wanted it to do from loads to pulling. The suspension is great. I can load the bed and does not sag. The harder I work it the more it wants. A couple of things though. I only get about 10-12 mph maybe 14 tops. I notice there is a delay or no resposne when most times when gas is pushed (at a cruise speed)until you get down on it little. Tried everything to correct this don't know if design or a problem. Overall very satisfied.

Runs better as you work it harder.

Gas mpg and accelerator response.

A nice Dodge Ram
By larry

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is better than my last two trucks which were both Fords . It has more wheel hop durring tight turns while in 4 wheel drive than my other 4 x4's , 2 Fords and a GMC .The others had shorter wheel bases which may be the reason .

I have had no problems of any kind with performance and like the 5.9 engine .

The thin paint scratches easly down to the primer . It appears too thin when scratched .

Old Reliable
By Bryan

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 1992 Ford F150 4WD for the Ram -it had only 19,000 miles on it - in '03 and have never regretted it for a second. I can't tell you how many colorful metaphors I had for Ford's annoying design issues (too numerous to mention here). My Dodge, however has never let me down. I had a minor electrical problem after about a year and a half due to faulty plug wires, but since putting good ones in I have no complaints. I highly reccommend a Dodge Ram to anyone who depends on it for his/her business.

I have always loved the way they look.

The seals around the doors need to be tightened up. There is a lot of wind noise that's annoying on a long trip.

Dodge Trucks lead the pack
By Rick782

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Well I've had 3 Ford pickups, 2 Chevys and 4 Dodges. All good pickups but this truck will not die. I have almost 200k on it. 195475 to be exact. I have never done anything but change the oil, tires, and brakes. I drive it hard, pull a toyhauler and go on many 4x4 roads where im from. This truck has been everywhere. I have the 5.9L. My truck is also lifted 10" on 39.5" superswampers. What a superb vehicle

Power, Looks, Dodge feeling of security and safety. Great 4x4 system. Comfort and I love the front ends. I will be getting my 06' Ram soon.

Gas mileage, but who cares it gets the job done and gets it done right. I love my Ram!