Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge this...
By mb58

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

All though I don't have a ton of miles on the truck, it's more fun than a pile of puppies to drive. Gas mileage isn't spectacular but it'll get the job done. Nice pulling capabilities, good ride, and lots of fun gadgets on this model. No real problems to speak of. I had the dealer go through it before the warranty ran out and take care of a couple of minor problems. Additions like cold air intake and catback are nice and help the HP/mileage a little.

There's nothing like jumping into your truck when its 20 degrees outside and turning on the seat warmers to get warmed up in nothing flat. Love that information console above the mirror. Rockin' factory stereo.

Better gas mileage. Unless you have the Stereo/CD controls in the steering wheel, the controls on the dash are a little far away to reach. In-dash 6 CD changer would be a nice addition.

I'd rather walk!
By Redtek

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It gets worse fuel mileage than my 81 Chevy 4x4 with 4.10 gears and a carb! So much for 20 years of progress. The 5.2 motor is so gutless, overdrive is useless. This truck has 45000 miles on it and I have replaced the oil pump TWICE! The transmission has never shifted right, and four different Dodge dealers have been unable to find the problem. It backfires through the intake for no reason any dealer can find, and both top ball joints have gone bad. As soon as I can trade this sucker in and not risk financial ruin, it will be gone. If someone gave me a choice between another Dodge Ram and a blind mule, I would take the blind mule.

The interior is comfortable on long trips, assuming you can afford the gas to go on a long trip.

An oil pump that pumps oil, an engine with more torque than some lugnuts require, ball joints that last more than 40,000 miles, a transmission that shifts gears, an intake that doesn't backfire, and a fuel system that gets reasonable mileage.

Great truck!!
By Orrin

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this truck of any kind. Owned it for two years. The interior is really comfortable for long drives. Fits both car seats in the back and tows anything I put on the back of it. Of course mileage is bad but most trucks do not get good mileage. If you want good mileage go buy a Metro and park the truck. My truck has the 5.2L.

Reliability is outstanding. Roomy interior is great. Easy to work on.

Everyone would like great gas mileage but then all the power for towing would go away. The improvement I would make is the ability to view traffic on my left over my shoulder. The A-arm pillars are rather large and bulky. Traffic can be hard to see around cab structure at times.

Ram sport
By phil

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Very happy with this truck. The ride and handling are great. The styling is excellent (better than the new ones). Overall size and function are just what I wanted. Not impressed by the gas mileage, but it is as good as Ford or Chevy at least. It seems well put together, no squeaks or rattles. Nothing falling off, no minor glitches. I had a 1997 just like this one and it was also fun to drive, trouble free and gave me no reason not to buy this one, I only switched to get one with lower miles and the newer sport styling

Sport styling, size, ride, interior convenience is the best on the market. Hauls and pulls anything I want with no trouble or problems

Improve the fuel mileage (I only get 16-19 mpg) Don't like the outside door handles (they fixed that on the new ones)

ONe Great Truck
By GotWood

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a work horse from day
one. I have not been easy on this
truck in the slightest, and it just
keeps begging for more. I will
definately be purchasing another one
if this one ever slows down, but
untill then, she has been the best
truck I have ever owned!!!!

Just plain Tough! Has put up with over use and abuse with out complaint

Modular Divider system in the center arm rest, for those of us that use it like an office.