Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Love This Truck
By James

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

When i bought the truck i was skeptical at first about gas mileage but i soon came to realize that the 5.2 L is really a pretty economic motor. My truck has 119K on it and i haven't had any problems since buying it in Feb. of 07.

I love the Stereo system in it. The stock system is about 150 watts. the center console turns into a seat. making seating capacity 6

different cup holders, lift kit, 5.9 motor, bigger tires.

Awesome
By Charles

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

All I have to say is, Wow. I bought this truck from the original owner, 65 yr old male. Drove the truck like a baby, took awesome care of it, all synthetic liquids throughut the truck. It has 235,000 miles on it and runs like you wouldn't believe. Original everything. Tranny, engine/fuel pump, everything. He kept regular maintence and kept her running beautifully.

Everything.

Gas mileage stinks, but oh well. Worth it to me. Wish the suspension was a little higher.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 Sport.
By Adam

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the best truck I have ever owned. It is extremely realible. It is the heavy duty version, so I have not had any transmission problems. The only thing that is bad is the gas. I have did a little work on it to get batter gas mileage so it's not as bad.

The big tires are a must. 265/75/16 are the biggest that you can get without a lift kit. This truck can tow like you would not believe. Five star crash rating is great too.

Better gas mileage.

Gas Guzzler
By Gene

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is reliable and the build quality has surprised me, But the very poor mileage takes all of those benefits away. I get about 11 mpg on the highway right now with 97,000 miles on the clock. It's tuned up always has fresh oil but the gas never gets better. Oh well.

Exterior design compared to other equal model year trucks.

Better mileage. Better mileage. Oh, and if I forgot to mention it, better mileage

My '97 Dodge 4WD
By ashgrove

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We lived in MN and drove this truck there for 6 years. This truck did everything we needed it to do - even through the worst winters in Mn history. We recently bought a travel trailer that is just too much for the 1500, so must sell it. Using hindsight, I should have bought the 3/4T at the time and I would be OK. Many, many great outdoor experiences with this vehicle. Very dependable.

4WD and limited slip rear end. Got me out of a lot of tough situations.

Could have gotten better gas mileage when not pulling anything. About 15MPG was normal.