Used 2010 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

It grows on you
By Marine

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Jeep Commander was blown up by a dealership error (we think) and we were offered to opportunity to purchase a replacement vehicle with the dealership absorbing a great deal of the upside down ratio on the Jeep. The Nitro took about 1600 miles to break in, I was getting worried. Now it has settled down. I drive in the mountains of Colorado and the gearing on the Nitro is great for climbing the hills without downshifting. The mileage is awful - my RAM 1500 gets better mileage. The vehicle is cute and pugnacious looking, gets around parking lots well, has a smooth ride on the 17 inch tires (20's were rough). Its growing on me. My buyer's remorse is fading away.

Exterior appearance, Comfortable drivers position, satellite radio, big tow package and truck-like driving (yes I like that).

Mileage, lateral visibility, more power such as the 4.7L V8. How about a 4 Wheel Low option?

Great SUV
By rjinsac

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've have my car 10 months, with zero problems. love its handling and it's so fun to drive, no blind spots which I love, so easy to change lanes.

I love the styling, handling and the seats are very comfortable.

Better gas mileage

exterior mirrors
By owner

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am 5 ft 2, the driving part of this SUV isn't the problem, its the outside mirrors. Left turn or right turn it doesn't matter I lose view. I have been trying for a month to get Chrysler and the car lot to help me remedy this, I can't get help, I do have case numbers with both, they say there are no replacement mirrors and they can't put a power seat in, so now I must drive a car I'm scared to drive, this is truly a problem that should be in a recall! So nothing bad has to happen and then they put a recall out. Please don't contact me, I've already talked to everyone

none

put smaller outside mirrors on

Love my Nitro!
By Scott

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro for about three months now and it's the best SUV I've ever owned. It looks great, drives smooth, and reacts very nicely when driving at high speeds! The only thing I don't have is the cruise control option. I will have it added in the near future.

Get a Nitro!
By JD

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had SUVs for years and this is my favorite. I researched and drove a lot of SUVs before purchasing and overall, the Nitro just fits what I like perfectly. It looks great inside and out, it's unique, functional, it's comfortable, and fun to be in and drive. Mine is fully loaded, which makes it even better.

great towing capacity, easy to fold down seats, reversible cargo tray, very nice stereo, 20' wheels, the back- up 'park assist', lots of storage, clean modern styling, easy to clean interior surfaces, very comfortable seating