Used 2008 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

OUR RED NITRO
By M&M

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our nitro new and has been flawless after 10 months. Have found no flaws in the paint and interior. I use 4x4 for snow. The seats are very comfortable. We average 20mpg overall mileage after 9000 miles. The sunroof chrome clad 17 inch wheels, red paint really gets noticed. It has plenty of power and rides good for a 4x4. It is a solid suv at a good price.

interior design, exterior design, best front cupholders ever, ease of going to 4 wheel drive, great standard radio, lot's of leg room front & rear, great designed dash & interior, lots of room inside

can't think of any

2008 dodge nitro;
By Cindy in Poway

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a nitro 2 wheel drive RT loaded with tow package. I really like it, it drives good, controls are convenient. It is stylish, bright blue, I get good comments all the time.The only had to have a couple little things fixed. Gas mileage around town is only like 18-20 though. It pulls the boat fine. You can use 87 octane.A/C works great. I can find out temperature, gas mileage, etc. on display

The look, big, sporty, kind of steroid looking. Up off the ground, stereo controls on wheel, can shift into manual on hills, satellite radio, feel safe, easy to get in and out of

better gas mileage. Have tailgate hatch window open separately from the tailgate.

Awesome SUV
By Akazm

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a Dodge Nitro and so far I love it. It's MPG isn't great but it is a SUV, what do you expect? The look is awesome, great interior space, so many features, smooth and quiet ride, fun to drive. It can comfortably seat big men. The interior material is perfectly fine. For the price, it is worth every penny in my opinion.

Price, look, space, smooth and quiet ride.

Make cruise control a standard feature.

Biggest mistake I've ever made!
By NoMoreDodge

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought the R/T model with every option that you can get in one, except it didnt have a security system in it which makes no sense. From pretty much day one we have had nothing but problems with it. The A/C didnt work properly the first 4 months we owned it, Check engine light has come on numerous times, took it in they say nothing is wrong, passenger seat squeaks, parking brake dont work at all, rear windshield wiper breaks going through the car wash, now with only 26,500 miles on it the main computer (PCM) has to be replaced. Been in the shop for a week and part is still not in! Would recommend never buying one of these!

Sound system, Nav, my gig hard drive, and rear house plug-in.

Destroy them all! They are unsafe to be driving on the streets. Also recommended that you do not tow ANYTHING because the check engine light will come on and it will run extremely rough even after the trailer is taken off!

In Love with a SUV!!
By samijay

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

So I've had this for about 2 weeks and am in love with it. I love the design and about everything in it as well. Anyways I don't have to worry about the small car hazards anymore. The roll-over factor of this suv is high and the gas mileage isn't great but those are the only two things I can find I don't like about it!

Design. Sound system (AWESOME). Overall Feel. Aggressive looking. EVERYTHING!

Mine didn't have cruise control so i'm having to install it (no idea why it didn't have it but...). gas mileage good be better. other than that. nothing bad.