Used 2008 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

great vehicle
By TODD

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The towing is amazing. I tow a big camper and a horse trailer, neither sinks the suspension. Power, ride, and handling are all good. I have had nothing fixed as of yet. A rock solid vehicle for smaller people. My only complaint is I am a bigger guy and the seat is just to high, steering wheel is to low.

Towing ability. True 4 wheel drive.

Too much black plastic inside. Lower the drivers seat. Move the transfer case so as to not intrude into the drivers seat floor space.

HONEST OPINION
By T-FERN

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2008 Dodge Nitro for almost 2yrs now, I can honestly say its one of the best vehicles I've owned so far. I chose to get the 4x4 and I live in upstate NY where we get a few feet of snow every snow fall. The Nitro handles great in the snow, and can really bite into the deep stuff with no issues. I get A LOT of compliments on my Nitro, from the color to the design,to people saying it looks "tough" and I feel extremely safe everytime I drive it in bad weather. I can def see myself buying the same vehicle in the future as long as they continue keeping the Nitro rugged, and aggresive. This vehicle is an suv..and it rides, and handles like one. I love it.

The agressive lines and tough look it has.

I would love to see a more off-road type of Nitro.. with bigger chunkier tires, something I could drive to work Mon-Fri and take it on some trails on Saturday!!

Love my Nitro!
By Bev

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro for 2 years now, putting on roughly 35,000 km each year. Love it! Husband says not enough space for him (he is 6'2) but I don't have an issue. Very sporty, fun to drive, easy to park, can haul lots with the fold down seats. Mileage could be better but heh, it's a SUV, they are all the same aren't they? Haven't had many problems at all. Tire pressue gauge is touchy would be the only thing I've have to say negative in 2 years hauling 2 busy kids around, living on a gravel road in rural Alberta.

Heated seats, fold down seats, radio controls on wheel, sporty look.

Seats to be a bit lower - it seems like you are sitting up quite high.

This Vehicle Leaks!!!
By Denise

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle for Christmas 2007 and thank God that my car dealer is honest and loyal. This vehicle leaks from the roof!! Whenever there's a heavy rain, I have to go running back to my dealer. This is a terrible Manufacturer's Flaw. Will never purchase another Dodge Nitro again!!

Have your engineers design a better roof with tracks that allow water to run off the roof of the vehicle, instead of running inside the seams of the roof and into the car!

Not So Sure
By Virginia

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '08 Nitro because it had many of the features my other vehicle had standard. Of course I would still have my other vehicle (Mazda Trubute) except it was hit in the rear at 55mph and the damage was just to great. My Nitro had 52 miles on it and was considered used when I purchased it from the dealer. Since I have had the car the tire sensor goes off all the time indicating the tires are not equal pressure (I think it's defective)the handling took a while to get use to sicne my Mazda SUV was far superior in the handling, breaking and turning. I'm not crazy about the vehicle. I think you have to be a jeep lover or Dodge fan to enjoy this vehicle.

The best feature is the sound system.

I think the shifter in the center of the console is hard to reach if you don't have long arms. The head room getting in is weird - seat is to high- You step up and have to duck over to avoid bumping your head gettign in. Leg room is cramped. MPG's are the worst. To much plastic interior and ext.