Used 2008 Dodge Nitro SXT Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Why would you buy Japanese?
By tony

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is overall very nice and a great ride. I love the sort of retro rugged look, compared to the typical frying pan looking Japanese and German cars.

Good handling, solid ride, great seats, good stock sound system, lots of conveniences, ice cold air. Great for Floridians like me, lots of chrome, fenders over tires nicely designed, awesome storage, quiet ride, seats firm the way I like them.

All around good
By myown

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have over eleven thou on my Dodge Nitro, am very pleased with it after I took care of the things to do, I get 22 mpg in town if I stay out of it, performance is as good as most v8's, snappy,handles like a dream, Have your dealer put nitrogen in tires, retune the computer, align front end to zero, keep upkeep up & drive like you want to keep it for 15 years, my overall average is 26 combined driving city and open road.

everything, Dodge did it right this time.

Have none mine is loaded, all the toys.

I Love My Nitro
By Ladytnb

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my brilliant silver Nitro 2 weeks ago. Thus far I have no complaints. This vehicle is turning heads. I traded in a Honda Element for this suv. I was skeptical because I never owned a Dodge before and some of the customer reviews were not very impressive. However, I am pleased with my decision thus far. The gas mileage is better than expected too.

Exterior look, Sirius Satellite Radio

The plastic molding and look of the interior could be improved with a sturdier material. A few added extras could be included as well.

Think Gas First
By Queen

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The dodge Nitro is my first car, the exterior is awesome. I would like more of a luxury feel on the inside something like the "Ford Edge", but for the price... This is a nice SUV, but it is very terrible on gas. This baby runs me about $60-$65.00 a week "light travel". DO NOT let the gas tank get below half full, you're going to have to shell out so much money to fill her up. Gas prices are steadily rising and I would NOT suggest anyone get this car unless you can really afford $350- $400 a month on gas. Its not ideal for a college student or anyone on a budget.

The exterior is very attractive.

Add a more smooth touch to the interior. More front passenger and driver oriented, it lacks ooh ahh appeal.

disappointed
By andrea

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had my truck for 3 months and at first was very excited and loved my truck until the transmission started to give out a brand new vehicle took back to dealer been without my truck for 3 wks only to find out now that the parts that is needed to repair it is on Nationwide back order what's up with that!