Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

bad luck nitro
By david

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Dodge Nitro brand new and put lots of miles fast! At about 50,000 miles the interior started breaking window controls, door handles, and now the back seat. I would never buy another! Ever!

4X4 that's it!

More durability! More power! Better gas mileage!

2007 dodge nitro engine failure
By karen dodge

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 dodge nitro that I'm still making payments on. About 3 weeks ago a valve blew in the engine and damaged a piston which caused complete engine failure. If I hadn't purchased an extended warranty, this would've been an expense I couldn't afford and would have had to let the vehicle go back to the dealership. I feel that Chrysler/Dodge should make my car payments since I've lost complete trust in their product and peace of mind. What's going to happen next to this vehicle? Sincerely, Karen Dodge.

the body of the nitro.

better quality and reliability under the hood. compensate customers for faulty and defective engines.

What else can go wrong?
By g.d.

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Engine seized at 38,000 miles. Thankfully we had the extended warranty. Car has been driven by my wife who never has had a ticket in her life. Had regular service and a valve and piston let go. Service people were very helpful.

No Problems To Date
By CC

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had no problems whatsoever to date with my 2007 Nitro. I like the look of it and the interior is very spacious. It's a very basic model but other than regular maintenance (i.e. oil changes and 1 recall) it has not seen a garage. I find that it's turning radius is too wide but otherwise it's easy enough to handle despite it's larger size. I'm not all that tall so it would probably "fit" someone with longer legs better than me, but I knew that when I tried it out for the first time.

I have to say that what got my attention was the exterior look. I still like it! It's different than any other SUV. I also like the large center console and that the vehicle is high off the ground.

Mileage is not great but I also knew that going in. It could definitely use some fine tuning when it comes to the turning radius. Otherwise I'm a satisfied customer.

Dissapointed customer
By Dissapointed Owner

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 Dodge Nitro solely for the body style. I liked it the first few months, the Mirrors pose a huge hazard when driving, brings new meaning to "blind spot". I have had a few issues. My biggest peeve is the Battery. I have already had it replaced and if you don't drive it everyday the battery goes dead. The last time in dealership the Tech played it off as the sound system drawing to much and causing it to drain dead. The problem according to my dealership is that the previous owner replaced the system with another and the warranty would not cover the battery. I don't believe the reasoning and think the dealership doesn't want to fix it. Have to Jump it off every three days

body style

mirrors (blind spots), head phones for the DVD player are extremely low quality and break very easy, not child friendly