Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

60,000 miles and no problems
By Jason

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Nitro. I originally went to buy a Caliber but was talked into test driving the Nitro and bought it that day. Aside from the recalls I have had no major issues. The only minor issues have been that it will sometimes stall when backing up in a tight radius (backing into garage in alley). Only happens once a month though. Overall I'm very happy with it.

looks and comfort

lumbar support

Not Happy
By lisa

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

To start we love the style and the amount of room inside the nitro. Bought it because our daughter is 6'1" and had to fit in the back seat. This where the love ends we have had so many issues with this SUV . We bought new hoping not to have repair bills. Not the case. Lots of broken non-functioning parts the latest the two front door handles broke within a week of each other now we have to open the windows to get out. SAFETY HAZARD YES. Very disappointed in this vehicle we will never buy Dodge again there has been no help from the dealership they always brush things off until the warranty is over. No more Dodges for us..

customer service and fix all issues concerning parts that fail because they are inferior

Great Car
By Roger Perry

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

As I write this, I've only had this car 1 day, but I really like it, and I think as time goes on, I'll will enjoy it even more.

Seems to have power to spare, a lot of get-up-and-go. Haven't checked mpg yet, but it seems good. Good back support in the seats. Transmission shifts quite smoothly

A little more cubbyhole storage would be nice maybe an overhead console similar to the Caravan.

Work Horse
By small buisness owner

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.7 L Nitro new and I love it. I am a contractor and this is my work truck! I've pulled a 6'x 12' cargo trailer every day for the last year and a half and this truck hasn't let me down. I've had the driver side interior door handle break and had a couple of recalls taken care of, but with 69,000 miles I've never had a major issue.

Bluetooth stereo, great 4x4 in the snow, excellent sound system

fuel mileage, stronger door handles, ability to turn off the ESP "completely" (it nearly put me in the ditch while trying to drift a corner on a gravel road!)

Same Stuff
By Shawn

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I happened on this site because I'm searching for a new door handle that snapped off. Mine lasted 3.5 years. I've never had the windshield wiper problem, but saw the recall. I had the battery problem and the engine cutting off recall problem as well (in traffic, that was scary). I had to replace the master switch for the windows, too after the cheap plastic pulley snapped off. The left rear door trim peeled off the door when opened and driver's door was closed. Now when I drive over 65mph, there is a slight banging sound on the left side. I think its the plastic railing on the roof. The movable pieces seem to move on their own now.

I love the exterior look of the truck and with TLC I've never had a major repair in 3.5 years.

For the price, Dodge could have used better quality accessories. The plastic parts are SUPER CHEAP and always break.