Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Some love it....
By Luebbe

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've read some negative reviews on this car, but we "fell" into our Nitro as a dealer special. It was an end of year clearance special on the car, which we suspect was so low because of the manual transmission and the color. (Sunburst orange). Since we bought the car, I haven't had a problem, and the spacious interior is amazing. You would never know that there was that much room in the car from looking on the outside. And the Yousync feature for my bluetooth enabled phone is a life saver. In short: I love my Nitro.

Yousync. Hands free phone through my speakers.

Do not buy
By russ

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

These are dangerous, it stalls when sitting in park, surges while you have your foot on the brake, like someone is pushing on the gas, radio replaced eating cd's, computer telling tires need air when they don't. These suv's have issues, going to abritration and a attoney. They look great, but stay away. Many recalls

none

recall the whole car.

The RT option was worth it
By Doug

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my nitro R/T now for 6 months. I love it. Plenty of power with the V6, comfy and handles very well. Great sound system. Interior design is very good and well laid out. Instruments well designed and easy to read. Mine has only been back to dealer for recall on ABS brakes. I never had any trouble with them. My only complaint is the roof rail, it's coming loose on passengers side, poor attachment design. But overall very very happy with this SUV. Even with my heavy foot i still average 18 around town.

R/T styling. 20 inch wheels. Fantastic factory sound system. Heated seats and remote start

Offer nav with out mygig. Find a better way to attach roof rails

Transmission Woes
By Sara

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Nitro is my first SUV and I mostly love it. I had to take it into the dealer for a leaky transmission twice in the first 3 months I owned it. One of my rear window motors died and had to be replaced about 8 months after I bought it. Overall, a good car, but I worry about its reliability in the long run. Fun to drive, and people comment on the styling.

Aux port on stereo. Roomy enough for a road trip. color choices (mine is orange!).

Black paneling on outside of doors comes off easily, transmission issues, taller people have to stick their head in first because of the low clearance, not so great gas mileage.

I like mine!
By NitroBilly

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased November 2006, only been in for warranty service 2 times for TSB recalls. Other than that, I love it! Everybody just STARES AND COMPLIMENTS my BLACK Nitro. Mine is blinged out! Fuel economy is average, but I can't complain really. It has been absolutely reliable, and is strong as stone! It's a beautiful SUV for the dollar, I just hope DCX (Chrysler) doesn't stop manufacturing it. Get one!

Leather, navigation, 20 in custom wheels. 115 volt output. Performance. Custom grille. All this I put on myself!!

Bigger engine, perhaps 5 speed auto?