Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

2007 Nitro
By beckyv84

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the best mid- sized inexpensive SUV's I've driven or rode in. It's a smooth ride and definitely an attention getter. I've gotten as many compliments on this as I did on my Formula Firebird! The cabin is roomy and versatile and the electric outlet is great for charging my camera batteries! The only downsides I can point out are the ability to hear outside noise, (It's not over the top, but not as quiet as I would have expected), and it would be nice if the back hatch opened a little higher than it does. It would also be nice if there was a back hatch release on the key fob. Overall, I feel it is an exceptional vehicle for the price and I enjoy it immensely.

I like the 'take off' power, the interior outlet, the overall looks and the design of the dash and shifter area. I also like the hidden compartment in the console.

Dealer don't know how to fix it
By The worst car

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it brand new last December. We only put 4000 miles on it, and it has been in the shop for months. To many recalls, dealer service department replaced battery twice, the radio, the cluster, all electrical wires. And still in the shop. Dealer service department don't know how to fix it. They told us they talk with the Dodge engineers and they say they were having the same problem. We bought it because the car has the lifetime powertrain warranty. But that's the first and last time we buy a Dodge.

Nice looking suv.

More room in driver seat, better acceleration...

Just like a 7 year married couple
By niTroSSo

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just like a marriage after 7 years, it was love at first sight, she was beautiful, had a great body, gave your a rush when you came close to her, but she became fat and heavy and wasted all your dough and didn't do it for you anymore. Poor handling (sways side to side when going over small bumps), poorer gas mileage, interior has too much plastic. I. E. doors, dash, center console. Large blind spots invest in blind spot mirrors. Everything got a strange little delay to it, from honking the horn to acceleration/braking. Brake light burn out often. After two months the window switches stopped working. No power on flat out acceleration (don't try to jump in on the highway if you don't have room.

body styling. truck looks great parked. very sexy SUV. very spacious interior for a not so large foot print. nice sized cargo area. nice factory sound system

handling, braking, fuel economy, acceleration, improved shocks. different grill design (stock one always get steam emitting from it when you wash the car)

Not Happy With My Nitro
By Kelly

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my vehicle for about a year and a half. I have had it into the shop 6 times. I have had 2 recalls and several other issues. I have had the vehicle recalled for stalling (after I had already experienced the stall, which could have caused a serious accident), as well as I had a cracked roof rail, panels came loose over the seat belt on passenger side, air conditioner quit working today at 26,000 miles, the rear inside light will only come on if you hit it (Dodge says its a manufacturing problem) loose carpet, loose console covering, seat had to be removed to fix the carpet, and, the stain resistant seats do not resist anything.

It is a very neat looking vehicle. I enjoy my Sirius radio as well as the electronic items such as outside temp and navigation.

Such a disappointment. Could have been something great had it not had all the mechanical issues.

Great Vechile Would Recommend
By jdoggntiro

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great lower priced SUV, this is it. If you haven't noticed the people that complain about the Nitro have bought the cheaper version. They have three versions the SXT, the lower priced, the SLT the medium priced, and the RT the higher priced. I recommend the SLT, comes with sun roof, uconnect and it doesn't have that ugly plastic. Very clean, love it.

Folding seats are great, the U Connect feature and the radio controls on the stirring wheel.

Better gas mileage, but we only say that because of current gas prices.