Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Sunburst Orange lover
By Dubby88

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. We have taken it to Tenn and South Carolina on vacation with five of us. The kids love all of the plugins for thier games and DVD player.

Little more confort in the back seats for us older people, fine for the kids.

Total mistake!
By RudysMomma

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since the night I bought this car 12/31/07 it has been a mistake. The night I drove it off the lot the radio died because it blew the fuse. It does that every 3 months or so. Every other time the radio dies and has to be replaced completely. The roof rails have rattled and been loose since day one. They have been replaced 2x under warranty and still rattle. The brackets holding the seats were all rusted and had to be replaced. The door hinges are rusting. The side panel in cargo area was warped and was replaced. Part of dash was bubbling and was replaced. Now the transmission is making noises and hesitating. My driver seat back won't adjust at all. Been a problem since day one. I hate this car

Exterior design/aesthetics are great. The way they built it is totally inferior.

Everything. Inside looks and feels cheap. Exterior is falling apart.

2007 NITRO R/T 4.0 ONLY
By karen nitro R/T

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 nitro r/t nitro. I put this info once before. I have an answer now. I'm having a problem with chattering in front end. It's the serpentine belt. Chrysler can't fix this problem. I had it in the shop twice. The service told me that Chrysler don't touch it. A service rep. came out. He called the eng. They sent out some parts to put on it but, the problem isn't fixed. It's better but, sometimes it's still just as loud. I took it over to the dealership. I was getting all of my receipts to send to my atty. The ser. Mgr. Heard it doing it again. Took it in for service and he's gone. I called my atty. They said I have a case for the lemon law. I was told niitro r/t wasn't designed for that size eng?

Love the Sirius radio.

The problem I'm having in only on the R/T.The chattering within the front end. The Nitro wasn't designed for the for the 4.0 only the 3.7 eng. I have had 2 ser. mgrs. tell me this. Chrysler won't admit it. I'm letting my atty. handle it now. The engs. at Chrysler put wrong eng.in 2007 Nitro R/T.Needed3.7

R/T review
By PA R/T Owner

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Inferno Red R/T for about 2 months now and for the most part I am pleased. I love the exterior looks and the torque on the 4.0L V6 is awesome. I live in a very hilly part of Pennsylvania so gas mileage is not the greatest. I average about 13- 14 mpg/city. Also the build quality is a little sub par. Since I have had the vehicle the transmission has leaked, the rear door and hatch panels rattle like crazy with music and the roof rails needed to be replace. End the end. I really love this car. Chrysler just needs to do a better job with their quality control.

Looks, Infinity Sound System, Interior styling, Exterior styling, Engine Performance.

Fix the rattle in the door and hatch panels!

Engine noise requires ear plugs
By Bob

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I own an SLT with the 4.0 engine. It emits tremendous engine noise (sounds like piston slap) under light to heavy loads. Per dealer and factory this is normal for this engine. It is totally not acceptable for comfortable driving. In June the factory rep. stated there would be a fix by way of a service bulletin but this has never occurred. All other facets of the vehicle have been very acceptable.

Looks, power and economy (18-21).

Just cure the engine noise in the 4.0 engine.