Used 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (85 reviews )

The greatest car I have ever owned
By Dave

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being a previous owner of a 97' Neon, I couldnt wait to own an SRT-4. 2 years after the first one was sold, I finally bought one. The acceleration is phenomonal. The handling is incredible. The look of the car is sporty and mean from the front and back. The sound of the engine, by just removing the stock resonators, is awesome. The interior looks good with or w/o the optional Viper seats. The car stock is mid 14s, if you throw in a few thousand dollars of modifications, from MOPAR, your in the 11s. Try doing that with any other car from any other manufacturer that sells for under 25k. Dodge knew exactly what they were doing when they built and designed this car. Dont miss out.

Everything. I love this car, from the engine to the body to the tires. The stock BFGoodrich tires round off the whole look of the car with the tire tread in the shape of flames on 17" rims. The stock boost guage rounds off the interior and the dual exhaust completes the exterior.

Wider tires, that's it!

My SRT4
By stumpzr

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my SRT-4 for about two months now. I love the car. It is an absolute blast to drive. I bought it used, so I have had a few problems to fix, but I believe those to be the previous owner's fault, not Dodge.

The ability to upgrade this car is easy as pie since dodge offers most of the parts you need. Do I need say more than Mopar's turbo upgrades. this car has the ability to have almost 350 hp. that is nuts for the size of this car.

My main complaint is the black bar between the windows. It starts to look bad a day or so after getting the car washed. It is really noticable.

Quality Car
By Ivan Ardan

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ok, prior to my SRT4 I owned a WRX. I miss my WRX alot, mainly because of the AWD and respect that car has on the road. However, the SRT4 has done nothing but impress me. It has much better top end power than a WRX. I am interested in seing what a stage 2 mopar package is going to do for me. Since I live in CO, I'm dreading the winter w/o AWD. However, when you let the horses loose on the 2.4L turbod engine from the on-ramp of I-25 (which is 75MPH) there is no differance of feeling from an SRT4 and an STI. the regular WRX actually feels slower!

The turbo. Top end power, especially. Bucket seats are awesome. Engine sounds nice. I love the fact that you can upgrade through mopar and keep your warranty. Extremely nice stock sound system. This car is just a great buy for the money. would recomend to someone spending under $20K

SRT4's need more of a rally look for the interior. I feel like I'm driving my aunt's PT Cruiser when I grab the shift nob. Interior is too plasticky. It needs to look more sporty to turn some heads. Right now, to most people, it's just another ugly Neon. no cruise control! could you imagine w/ AWD:)

Nice unit
By J46957

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car handles great. The available upgrades from Mopar while keeping it "safe" under the warranty is really nice. Best buy for the money.

Raw power. Handles like its on rails. All the good stuff for 20K.

Better fuel economy. Work on the wheel hop, gets bad with WOT in first gear.

Fun at a small price
By mbiker4u

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've been looking for a car like this since I bought the 1994/1995 Neon. I remember prototype turbocharged Neon's that were in Car and Driver that must have evolved in to the SRT-4. I bought this car after a friend of mine took me for a ride in his red SRT- 4. I went to the dealer 1 week later and got the Orange Blast w/ACR package. I was not really crazy about the color, but it has grown on me so far. So far, build quality, performance, and overall enjoyment has made this purchase one of my favorite cars ever. Gas mileage has only been 22mpg at highway speeds below 80mph, but what do you expect from a car that can out-perform most V-8's?

Turbo, ability to modify with most reviews saying "installation should be this easy on other cars."

The improvements are already there. It is the improved version of the Neon, which should have been there the first year that they made the Neon.