Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

tiny tank
By kate_runs

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In what parallel universe does this car get supposed good fuel economy? I have put a lot of money keeping this car in the best shape, I don't drive it in a gas-wasting sort of way, and I usually only get around 20/22mpg on a tank-- and that is with freeway driving as well. It's like driving a small tank, especially in contrast to non-American compact equivalents. It does zip along quite quickly on flat roads, depending on the weather. Positive: I feel pretty safe driving it (in terms of how solid it is), and the trunk is quite roomy. Lastly: God forbid you turn the a/c on- the mpg goes to around 16mpg

cubbies, trunk size, stereo speakers

reliability, better fuel economy, no more squeaky brakes (which I am told is just "something Neons do" by the service department), turning radius

Chrysler could have done better
By Willie

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fuel economy is quite good. Vehicle came with a spoiler on the trunk lid that obstructed rear view and I ended up removing it and plugging the screw holes. At 38,000 miles the vehicle would not pass a state inspection because the lower control arm bushings seperated from their housing on both sides of the vehicle. Dealer says he has relaced these failed parts on many Dodge Neon vehicles and on PT Cruisers which have the same suspension. Had other Chrysler vehicles in the past and will certainly never buy another one.

Quiet Neon
By Mike L

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Neon SXT new in September 2005. This is August 2009 and not a bit of trouble. It rides, handles, and performs better that I expected for a small car. It has the deluxe insulation group and is quiet. I had the car rust proofed (Ziebart & Sound Barrier). At 56,000 miles replaced the tires with one size larger Goodyear ComforTred tires. The car is now very quiet (no..not exactly Lexus quiet)and even more comfortable for our drives across Michigan to see our grandkids. The car consistently returns 36-37 MPG on the freeway at 70 MPH. I have had a several people tell me what a nice, comfortable small car this is. We like this car very much.

The car looks good and is smooth running. Feels like a larger car. The standard sound system has lots of bass.

Power rear windows would be great. I miss the glove box light (it is not even available from the dealer as an after market item)

Fun , Fun, Fun!
By bennydojo

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got mine brand spanking new, I can tell you other than a couple of warranty fixes early on it has been very reliable. This car is load of fun, when that turbo kicks in you better hold on tight to the steering wheel.

Fast, Stereo System, Compliments

Higher speed limits

Surprisingly Great Little Car
By Luann

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it was a super clean, low-mileage trade-in at the dealership. It fit my budget and commuting needs. This car corners well and has good giddy-up when I need to excel to get onto the freeway or pass another car. It turns on a dime so parking is a breeze. Great stereo sound is a plus. I love this car! The reading lamps are great too, housed within the rear-view mirror, like those a lot!

I get compliments on how cute this car is. I bought the black one. It has dual exhaust, spoiler, and hood vent. It looks sporty and fast. Now if it only had a v-8 under the hood! LOL

I would like to see a little better quality seats with better lumbar support.