Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

The trunk leaks
By Danny

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge Neon and it has low mileage but the trunk leaks. It gets water in the wheel well under the spare in the trunk and also in the back floor under both sides. I have to go vacuum it out and then air it out. The manufacturer did not seal the trunk correctly and no one seems to know how to fix it. It is now out of warranty. I am not happy about this. Otherwise it is a good car, but my right front power window just went out and the air conditioner could be colder at only 38,500 miles.

The care drives very well in city and on highway and is fun to drive. The gas mileage is OK. Wish all windows were tinted from manufacturer.

Fix the sealants around trunk so it doesn't Leak. Improve the air conditioner. Improve the seats for more comfort.

Chrysler should still make them!
By sharong60

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SXT brand new and have had her almost 5 years now and still love her! I love the fuel economy and can get 400 miles on a full tank! She handles great except on ice! I think it's the lightweight body. I love the interior and exterior styling! Great stereo, well lit dash, great heater, a/c, like the pull down back seats, which make it almost a hatchback! Parts are cheap. Good warranty. Have had to put very little maintenance on her. Did get new tires last summer. And had a motor go out on my power window, replaced free thru warranty. Had to get a new battery last year. She starts even when left outside in extreme cold. Right now, Chrysler would have a goldmine in the Neon!

Power windows, stereo, keyless remote, folddown back seats, trunk release on remote, fog lights,and, of course,great gas mileage!

Wish back windows were power too. Side airbags would be nice, install gps/onstar/sirrus radio, power antenna.

Red SET 4
By Dragon

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked for two years to find my SRT- 4. It was worth the wait and anticipation. I recently installed upgraded turbo, components and intercooler by Hahn's Racecraft. Estimated HP is 495. All I can say is hang on for dear life. Once in third gear you are gone. I fixed the transmission shift problem with a complete Hurst Shifter. I love this car. A true soon to be classic.

Tough drive train for the money. You don't feel like you are building a radio controlled car like a honda. Seats are great. Bang for the buck is increadable.

None that I have not already addressed. AWD would be a plus but the wieght and cost would deter from the value.

Great little car
By Brock

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my dodge neon for just about four years now. I bought it brand new off the lot. It's a sxt model with an automatic transmission. The past two years, I've been commuting eighty plus miles a day to work and home again. With the exception of a new battery and four new tires, my neon drives and performs well. I do all the maintenance my self. My neon has a few squeaks and rattles which is normal for the amount of miles it has, but it continues to serve me well.

I'm a big guy, so I appreciate the roominess of the cabin.

The suspension could be smoother. After driving a while, the transmission shifts abruptly after a stop. It could be a lot smoother.

2005 Dodge Neon
By Bob

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because of its relative fuel economy vs selling price...good MPG for the price I paid. In town I get 25.5, with automatic, driving conservatively. Also, it is a previous SCCA champion road race and autoross car...it handles very well, handles super with a few minor mods.Acceleration is fun, not stunning.

Handling is super, fuel economy, for me, is within my parameters for a car of this price, quality.

Is there a trunk release? I can't find it. The rear view is blocked by the top of the rear seats, it is horrible to see out of. Also, I get a sun reflection off of the black dash...black is not a good choice in dash color.