Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Do Not Take In Rain
By angelgirl11684

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 3-1/2 years now and i cannot wait till i can get rid of it. I have to hold onto it for at least another three months and have constantly had problems with it not starting and the radio going out. Also my front passanger window can now only go up using the drivers side and supposedly theres no problem with it. But the worst thing almost everytime it rains the car loses control and wont stop. I've had to replace the tires and breaks and it still happened. I would not suggest this car to anyone, espically if you have alot of rain. I have had to take to having people lend me their cars in rain or drive me to be safe.

really?
By z32tturbojoe

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well. Let me start off with this is my gf car and she does not let it warm up and runs the s*^% out of it. Which is probably why it is has developed a rod knock at 81,000 miles. Needless to say but only in freezing temps and for about 10 seconds until the oil gets to the top of the bottom end. I've been changing the cars oil every 2500 miles with Mobil 1 syn blend for about 2 years since shes had it. I had always noticed a lifter tick since she had purchased it at 55,000. Well I need a bottom end kit and cannot find one anywhere for a reasonable price. Any ideas? P. S honestly I understand this happening at 125,000+ but not at 81,000. Think it was poorly built

103,000 run hard
By 1oldwolf1

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned my srt4 since new now has 103,000. In all this time replace battery and 2 sensors, just did 100,000 mile timing belt and seals. Uses no oil between 3000 mile oils changes run super at 103,000 mile just putting on 5th set of tires, mods cat-back tail pipe from Dodge, k&n filters, pillar Gage pod to add volts and oil pressure, bbs 7 inch rims with 225 x 45 x 17 tires (a must do) had after market Cruise add at the dealer before it came home. Options side airbags, sunroof from factory. Owen this car since 9 miles drive it everywhere 20 in city and 32 hi way at 103,000 miles. It a blast would not trade it for anything but a viper. I also Owen 1972 road runner 440 4 speed still love srt4 daily

2.4 turbo, 5 speed, 4 disk with antilocks. stops very quick. fun on road course!

catback gains 4 mpg gauge pod with volts and oil pressure 7 x17 rims and 225 x 45 x 17 tires komho or handkook stage II kit with toys (turn down turbo for just driving) after market tail and head lights (better looking)

Great car with few problems
By drachen117

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 5 and a half years, bought it brand new and put all 110,000 miles on it. first few favorite picks. engine was always a smooth running engine, and very very easy to work on. had to replace coolant lines and replace two sensors which did not require much work. and had to replace brakes which was also an easy task. But installed a performance air intake which was easy and cruise the the car and actually got 38 mpg! but average mileage is 32 - 33! During winter months drops to 28 - 29. So all and all, car had a few early problems and cheap components but was fun and cost efficient past five years!

The 2.0 engine. Kicker audio system. and reliability.

Redo the rear drum brakes, squeal after 10,000 miles due to dust, and use better quality materials.

Not happy about my neon!
By unhappy in ohio

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2005 and only have 46,000 miles on it 5 years later. I have had to have the front control arm bushings replaced 4 times now. The first time I only had 15,000 miles on the car. It would stall out in the middle of traffic and the highway at 20,000 miles. Had it in three times before they could figure out why. I bought the extended warranty but the only thing that has helped with is a loaner while it is being repaired: ( I have had to pay for labor out of pocket even though the parts were covered. I now have a problem with a seal in the rear drivers door. It fills with water every time it rains. I will not purchase another Dodge vehicle.

Gas millage and size.

Dodge needs to get there act together with the mechanics of there vehicles.