Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

This 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is my 4th. Neon
By Marshall

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is very comfortable and fun to drive! This is my 4th Neon, and my SXT has comfortable seats for long trips. The Neon SXT is both a peppy and responsive car. The interior is very roomy with Daimler- Chrysler's "cab forward" design. The instrument panel looks rather nice with the white round indicators. I like the tachometer and the green jewel-like lit up instrument panel at night. The car has good brakes and a very good air conditioning system. The electronically controlled 4 speed automatic transmission has a good feel to it. The Neon SXT handles like a more expensive sports car. I like the looks and the feel of my 2005 Dodge Neon SXT! Neon SXT is a good buy.

Neon SXT shares the good-looking white round gas, speedometer, tachometer, and temperature guages that look like lit up green jewels at night. Neon SXT's standard AM/FM stereo radio with compact disc sounds rather well!

Bring Neon back!

Great fun little car
By andy

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Neon has had a bad reputation over the years but Dodge really hit something with the 2005. I bought it just because it had decent gas mileage, but it turned out to be better than I thought it would. I average around 30 mpg with a good variation of both city and highway driving. The sound system that came with it is awesome for it being factory installed. The outside looks great and it is a really sporty car. I love the smooth ride and comfortable interior it offers. I love the power that it has too. Nothing that will blow your socks off ,but it is a really quick car, especially for not being turbocharged.

i love everything about this car

A little bit quieter motor while stopped because the engine idles rough somtimes, but other than that the 2005 Neon is a great buy!!

'05 Dodge Neon
By Joe602

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car has comfortable setting and I really like the front grille.The car gets great gas mileage and with the way gas prices are going, I'm glad it takes very little money to fill it up.

Front grille, CD player, cruise control and back/front lighting

I think the engine could be a little bit more quiet.

An astouding vehicle for the money
By Scotch

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted this car since it was a concept, and I will say that the production car seems even better, if only because of the turbo. There are so many things to appreciate about this car: fantastic power curve, LSD, decent (but stiff-legged) suspension, the exhaust note, the excellent aftermarket support, even the mileage (27-29 mpg on average for me) has been very good for a car of this type. I have very few serious complaints about this car, except that I wish it were lighter and handled as well as my '96 Neon, but that car has Koni adjustable struts - unfair comparison. I could have ordered an '06 ACR, but I didn't feel it was worth a nearly $3K permium over my car; paid $19,7XX for mine.

The Viper-based seats, the engine (obviously), the body kit (except the wing)

Offer a wing-delete option, stiffer bushings in the shifter and suspension, lower the car about an inch, 215mm wide tires

A turbocharged neon
By Alex

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I first bought the SRT I was excited to get it on the road. I walk into my garage and open the driver door and climb over the highly bolstered seat. You turn the car on and you feel a rush of power and hear a beautiful deap throaty exhaust. This car goes like no other in its price range. Very quick, flooring the throttle and flattening your kidneys an seeing the cars next to you shrink in the mirror never gets old. A great car for the money. Handling, acceleration and a fun ride have never been so easy to obtain for so little money. A great car for what its built it to do, drive fast

Exhaust note is deep and sounds great. Seats hold you in well. Acceleration is very quick. The brakes stop on a dime and never give up. Suspension handles well for a FWD car. The price

Transmission feels like it came out of a semi truck. Exhaust note can get annoying with its buzz after a while. Seats become irratating on long drives. Rear windows roll down. It looks a little too much like a Neon rent-a-car