Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Neon SXT
By Scott

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car everyday. It is solid, no squeaks or rattles. I have a 5spd rated 29city/36hwy. My mileage was averaging 32-33 in mixed driving. Once the engine was broken in around 5k miles it felt quite a bit stronger.The idle speed solenoid failed at around 18k miles. No other problems to date. This is the last year of the Neon. The 2nd generation Neons (2000- 2005) are a big improvement over the 1st generation in terms of quality. I also have a 2004 SRT-4 and that has been an excellent car as well.

5 speed. Power sunroof. Gas mileage.

Two complaints. The stock front seats stink. I am 6'1" and though I find the interior room just find, the stock SXT seats were just uncomfortable. I got a set of side airbag SRT-4 seats to replace them. Also, stock motor mounts way too soft, a set of prothane inserts fixed this problem.

Best car I've sold out of.
By rmercer

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I travel the Houston, Texas area and am very happy with this car. The dealer recommended this one and I was skeptical. He was right. It looks small but is very roomy. I get excellant gas mileage and this car is holding up very well in the city atmosphere. Stop and go or on the highway this car is awesome!

Roomy. Good sound system. Great gas mileage, and durable.

Bring this car back to the Dodge lineup!

Great car to start with
By Chad L

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Neon is a great little car if you are looking for something to get you from point A to point B and have a litte fun doing it. The handling is the best part about it mixed with the fuel economy. Road noise is an issue, and anyone that says the brakes are noisy is right. However, a quick spray with compressed air and that issue is gone. Only had to do that every 3 months or after going through high water. Otherwise I loved my Neon until I traded it in. This is a great car for teenagers!

Exterior design is very nice, and handling makes it a blast to drive.

Cut down on the road noise. Get more interior features. Having available power locks and windows in the back would be nice.

2005 Dodge Neon SXT Sedan
By IDG

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this late in 2006 after deciding that I needed a cheap, good fuel-economy small car to go to work with and take for occasional longer drives in the Northeast corridor. I've been very satisfied with it so far. It's got strong brakes, is super-fun to drive, really stable on curves, and zips in and out of traffic like a dream. The kicker audio is just awesome and lets me keep the engine noise in check! Fuel economy is okay to good, but the tank's pretty small, about 12gallons. I'd buy this car again if Dodge made some improvements and put this out on the market again, say, in 2008.

Stability control, strong brakes, and stereo system. Good AC and heat, and great fun to drive for the price.

Need power rear windows. Better acceleration, capacity, and less engine noise. Also, not enough space to store CDs and stuff. The on/off button on the stereo is too close to the gear shift.

Dodge Neon '05 4D SXT
By rochfiriel

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Originally had a Stratus, needed to downsize. The cab room for driver and shotgun passenger side very similar. I like that. Back seats a bit smaller. Much better fuel economy for a Dodge. Sporty and neutral interior colors make for an enjoyable trip around town. I not only save on gas, I have fun driving it too.

Sporty body. Factory radio. Power locks. Neutral colors inside and out.

Squeaky brakes with in the first 7k miles. Dealership didn't find anything wrong with them.