Used 2004 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

NEON SXT
By srt10dodgeviper

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a car salesman and bought a neon. It's a pretty good car overall. I get between 27-33 mpg depending if I'm driving on the highway or in the city. I'm a neat freak because I was a detail shop manager for years. The neon would be better if the seat fabric was better and could be cleaned easier. The trim moldings fade really easily too. I bought the car for what the dealership paid and it's value is dropping daily. Overall it is a really good dependable car, but the re-sale isn't there. If you're looking for a really basic, reliable car I would say buy a neon. If your a resale buyer I would stay away from it.

I get 27-33 mpg, it's reliable and rides pretty nice.

interior seat fabric could have been better. Exterior moldings fade out too quickly. The plastic is kind of cheaply done.

It's been wonderful
By Terry

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been almost four years and, other than gas and oil, the car has cost me a set of tires, spark plugs, and a battery. I couldn't be happier. Zero quality problems. I've got just over 59,000 miles and it still runs like new. Dollar for dollar, this may be the best car sold in the U.S. in 2004.

Handling

Put it back into production!

Econo Dodge
By Sheena

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a wonderful bright red neon. Unfortunately I got in an accident (not my fault) a couple weeks ago and due to the low value of the car the small damage to it totaled the car. Although, my car was hit and it spun a 180 and ran into a curb and all I've got is a bruise on my leg. Pretty good I'd say. If you're a safe driver and you want something reliable and cute with great mpg, get a neon (especially if you're a bit low on cash). I only had the base model and it was a great little car.

speed and handling, mpg, snazzy design, reliable.

kinda loud inside (especially on frway), value depreciates real quick.

Cute But Fragile
By Michele

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does not fare well in accidents, even minor fender benders. My car was totaled in a 35 mph collision that caused both airbags to release. Repairs to the fragile exterior were expensive and negated the savings of the initial purchase price. The car handles well, though, and has s spunky little engine.

Sound system; handling; sleek exterior; dark seat covers; head room; front leg room; airbags (they saved me in a 35 mph collision that totaled my car).

Less road noise; black (dark) instead of white instrument panel; move antenna away from passenger front; softer right front armrest; power rear windows; stronger exterior; reduce horrible, dangerous crash results.

reliable car
By red

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car has a very low maintenance but expensive parts when they got to be replace. I had to replace the tires only 1 time @ 75,000 miles, change the plugs and wires, fr brakes once. Now I got to replace the fr. struts. I think this is not bad after having 95,000 miles on the car.

the favorite features are the fog lights, fold down back seats, and the adjustable seat belts.

I would improve the seat cushions and have automatic windows for the back seats