Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

It's been fun
By poor thing

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My family bought this car brand new. We haven't had any problems with it until just recently. At 60,000 miles, the radiator broke. I want to get it fixed, but the mechanic doesn't guarantee that only the radiator is broken. Can't completely blame dodge for the break down, probably just a lack in regular service. Overall, it's a good little car. it's a shame to see it go this way.

The overall comfort of the car, the color (absolutely enjoyed the bright yellow), fun to drive, decent gas mileage

bring the neon back!

I had a wreck in Neon
By Joshua Vaughn

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was rear ended on the highway by a truck that was doing around 55 mph and I came out without a scratch the car body performed wonderful, it totaled the car but I was unhurt I was very impressed.

Great First Car
By jc960551

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I brought the Dodge Neon with about 45,000 miles on it. i had a few small problems with it in the beginning, but because it was under warranty it got fixed for free. I recently got in a car accident and ended my rolling my car into a ditch. This car's strong auto frame helped save my life. I walked away completely unhurt. When i crashed my car i had over 110,000 miles with no present problems.

The gas mileage, color, and style of the car

The seats become uncomfortable during long road trips

Has a Weak Link
By Discusted

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife's 04 SXT still has under 70,000 miles on it. Recently, the radiator blew. This sent transmission fluid into the engine, and coolant into the transmission. New radiator install, $350. Tranny rebuild $1,800. The transmission shop said, "We see this all the time." Dodge counts on you being a foolish American consumer, wrapped up in keeping up with the Jones'. My 92 Toyota Tercel with 170,000 miles on it is not a chick magnet but when a lady wants to go out for the night, rest assured I can get her there. Shame on you Dodge, I am sure this is only the start of Neon failures.

That it's not mine.

Stay away from these cheap entry level crapmobiles, unless you think toilet paper is a long term investment.

Good little car
By kevin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just turned 76,000 miles and have had to do nothing other than change the oil. Car has had an occasional engine knock for a few seconds right after start up almost from the beginning. Was pretty concerned about that at first, but apparently some Neons just do that. Started using synthetic oil and it has pretty much stopped. I have had minor brake squealing issues like a lot of other people have reported here but it usually only lasts a minute or two when first taking off. AND I've still got over a quarter inch of pad on THE ORIGINAL brake pads! I'm hoping to make it to 100,000 miles on the original pads. Anyway, the car has been great. Reliable, fun to drive, great gas mileage. Buy one.

Good power for 30+ mpg compact, trunk opener on key fob, good stereo for standard equipment, reliability - ALWAYS starts and still has original battery.

Power rear windows, standard anti-lock brakes, more sound dampening insulation.