Used 2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

a great little car
By neonguy528

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 03 neon new 9-02. I baby this car because I work hard for my money and want it to last. I love this car. This car design inspired many copycats from other companies. The new mazdas for one. In 6 years I have been stranded once with a busted alternator belt at 58,000 miles. I have had 5 or 6 times where the car has lost power while driving. My mechanic has checked it out and could not find anything wrong on the diagnostic machine. He said it was probably a glitch with the computer. I have 61,000 miles now and it is running perfect. I do need front control arm bushings. I love my neon and will never part with it. It has been a great car. And money well spent. I get 24-29 city. 39 or more hwy.

the looks.it is just plain sporty.the rear spoiler really makes the neon stand out in a crowd.it is still after all these years a head turner.

power rear windows would have been nice.

Never a problem
By hardrock086

2003 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year ago and have put 30,000 miles on it since I purchased. I got it with 35k and the only maintenance I've really had to do was oil changes. I also did plugs and wired at 60k and rear brake, but thats all. They didn't really have to be done, but did them anyway. I'm a service technician and a BMW shop and I love my neon. Do want a little more pep, but can't complain about the get- up and go with this car, especially considering the 39 mpg I get on road trips. Simply love this car!

Looks, 6 disc changer

What's up with the power front and rear manual windows. no other complaints, bring this beast back!

Wonderful Car!
By Ian from Florida

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 SRT-4 has 105k on her right now. Still running strong. Basic maintenance will take you a long way! Buy one, you WON'T regret it!

A853 Engine.. Great potential, Great after market support. Responds VERY well to mods.

Put more time into the design of the interior. I don't mind it though, It's simple, everything is in a good spot.

Don't buy a dodge
By shawn

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace both front wheel bearings at 34,000 74,000 and 100,000 miles. Thats right 3 times. Transmission and radiator at 90,000 pads and rotors 3 times and many check engine light problems

gas mileage

build a more reliable car

Bad Reviews?
By larry s.

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can't understand the bad reviews on this car. The 5 speed manual is plenty quick; yet, some say performance ain't good? I get 30+ mpg on highway. Brand new the car cost me $11,000. Not many cars were cheaper in 2003 (except junk cars like a Yugo)! I have 58,000 mi. on it, highest cost item to repair was $320 for front end bushings. No new brakes, yet one post says brakes are poor? I also have a 98 Neon Sport with 73,000 (60% highway) on it, no new brakes yet!! With gas prices at $4+ a gallon, Dodge dumped the Neon for a mini SUV that's $7,000 more, lower mpg, boxy looking?? They're building very low mpg muscle cars and trucks that cost $1,000's more in gas a year?? Bring back the Neon!

Low price, great mpg, cute

Neon's been scrapped. Hope they build the concept car (Demon), which would be a competitor for Mazda Miata (small sport convertible), doubt it will happen cause Dodge love's BIG HEMI V- 8's that get 12mpg, go figure at sky high gas costs!!