Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

SRT8 Power House
By William Miller

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I first owned a 2005 SXT Magnum, black w/tinted windows and 17" alloy rims, I loved that car. My daughter said it looked like a hearse. It could have been an instant muscle car but the 3.5 L V6 just didn't have it.I mean the 3.5 is a great motor just not the Horse power I wanted. So I bought a 2006 SRT8 w/ the 6.1 L Hemi. Wow! It's balck just like the one before and a whole lot faster. The power is almost unbelivable between the two. I miss the all leather seats and moon roof the SXT had. The 20" rims make for a little more bumpy ride but the handling is superior. Lots of power and good looks!It's what I wanted when I bought my first Magnum.

The performance of this car is unmatched at least until the Challenger hits the street. The looks, the power, the wheels, tires and suspension. The engineers really tied it all together with this one. Instant muscle car classic!

The feel of tire hop while backing up was a little alarming at first and still makes me wonder if everything is still tight in the front end. But I have been assured by the dealership service center that the 20" rims and wide tires are the cause of this "hop".

Never Thought I'd Love This Car
By Cass

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband traded my PT Cruiser for a one year old Dodge Magnum, I was a little skeptical about the choice because it was so much larger than the Cruiser. Was I pleasantly surprised! I love this car; it is so comfortable, so easy to handle, and comes in handy on Fridays when I take friends to lunch. The ability to manuever the car is superior, I can back up easily into a parking space and it's great for hauling everything from the dogs to bags of mulch to groceries.

Interior comfort Climate and radio/CD controls The space for people and things

Sleeper Wagon
By Dan Tutas

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of performance cars in my life and this is one of the best. It is very useful as you can carry other people or use it to go to the hardware store. It is fast and fun to drive on top of that. It handles very good and rides really nice on the highway. I had the RT before my SRT8 and both of these cars are real nice. It reminds me of my younger days in the 60's when a lot of people had "sleeper wagons." It runs with most cars on the street and yet gets great gas mileage. 425 HP and I am averaging between 19 and 21 MPG. Depends on how many times you put your foot into it. How can you beat that? I sure wish it had a 6-speed stick though, see my comment below.

A wagon that hauls, the engine of course, the gas mileage, and the looks. It is bold and brash and I like it. I am a 63 year old going on 21 while driving it. It is a lot of fun!

The first thing I did to the car was to have the exhaust modified. Now it sounds like it has 425 HP. And, why didn't they put a 6-speed stick in it. That really ticks me off, are you listening Dodge?

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 2.7L 4CYL
By DE

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It runs and drives great. I would like to see a little more power but that is my fault for buying the one with the small engine, (for gas mileage reasons), and it does get excellent fuel mileage.

The outside looks of the vehicle and all the room you have. The way it handles around curves and mountains is great. The power it has for the very small engine.

Make the interior match the rest of the car. The outside is so nice and looks expensive when the interior is kind of cheap looking. cheap seats, knobs, carpet.

Magnum SXT R/T
By Paul Rodriguez

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

One off the best cars I've owned, the speed and control is better then my past sports cars, with better gas mileage too. Wow what a car!

Room, style, speed