Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

2006 SE 2.7
By knowles

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the style. Mine has color matched 22" chrome wheels...had a side wall puncture. Can't replace just one tire and had to go to several places to find a good tire in stock since I did not want to wait to order tires. Cost for 2 was pricey but that has nothing to do with the car. Also, to anyone thinking about beefing up the look with big tires and rims, okay for around town but you lose some of the quality in the ride. Have tried to figure out why but no one can give me an answer. Non the less, with the color coordinated rims (car is metallic red) it's an eye catcher. No mechanical problems. It's a 2006 SE 2.7 with 40,000. I wasn't looking to win a race and don't want a gas hog.

Low profile, roomy, great for travel.Got a Magnum from a rental co. when we went on vacation (5000 RT) and were sold on it. Gas mileage was great considering it was pretty loaded and great driving on the hwy. Came home and bought mine. No regrets.

Yeah, the interior could be a bit more plush. Had a speaker problem right away (vibration) and took car back to dealer. Attitude from dealership could be better especially when you return a car with a flaw that you just drove off of the showroom floor.

It's a wagon!
By william van dusen

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My car 06 magnum srt-8 drives perfect for road racing, acceleration stopping night driving, looks (without a doubt) when backing just force yourself to turn your old tired body around an take a good look, blind spot is there in the back. Only thing I can see is when trying to drive down long straight roads the long wheelbase and ten inch tread in the front goes away from straight much easier than smaller tread tires but it corners unbelievable for a 4,300 lb. wagon with a long wheelbase, I'll take the cornering ability anytime. Ownership of my car has been a long time coming (since 1962) I've always coveted the big cubic inch Dodges and Plymouths, HA thought it was crippling at 4,600.00,

Top of the line many many features unheard of in the 60's. and at 372.2 cubic inches---hold on to your HAT! Corvette guys hate this but it's a wagon and corners (like) a vette. Kudos and smiles on my face as far as the features go, not a complaint about anything since I put bcs pads on the calipers

Spend more money and get the dust off of our wheels like I did (aftermarket)

Satisfied in PA with black R/T AWD
By ACM

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traved to Michigan from PA to by this car used with 28,000 on it.Downsized from a 01 AWD Towne and Country Limited.This car is fast without a doubt and functional to boot. I have hauled my 20' extension ladder and wheelbarrow in the back with the seats folded down. More than enough room for the dog. Had to replace both outer tie rods(under warranty) and o2 sensor (warranty ran out) but still happy with the vehicle. Will add roof rack.Great in the snow with snow tires as I have owned 4 wheel drive and AWD before.Got to have it here in this area. Have to wait and see how it holds up but so far so good.

Navigation and information center, HEMI, heated seats,telescopic steering wheel, sunroof, bluetooth.

Better dealer response as my dealer only fixed one tie rod even though my independent mechanic said they both needed done. I will only use the dealer if absolutely necessary. Would rather pay for repairs myself to my mechanic than to deal with them. Don't trust them.

Fun & quality
By Greg L.

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very large car that handles like a sports car. Corners flat, breaks straight, very comfortable ride and considering the too small engine, it has good acceleration. It does NOT like to pull a trailer, but if you're reasonable it's okay with that too. The drivers seat is far too narrow, I'm a big guy and have to find just the right spot to get comfortable. Some people don't like the sparten interior, but I like the design. However, a little less of a plastic look would be nice. The exterior design is outstanding and there are lots of storage pockets and nooks and crannies. The standard tires are just adequate, but in Canada you really do need snow tires for winter safety.

The exterior design is great, a head turner for sure. The cruise control leavers are awkward at first, but I've grown to like them and actually prefer them to the usual steering wheel buttons. I like the tilt and telescopic steering wheel; it sure makes long trips more enjoyable.

The base engine should have been more powerful considering the weight of the car. The parking brake drops down of it's own accord and the dealer seems to be unable to stop that annoying little quirk. I like the car an will keep it for years, but it has NOT held it's value. Don't know why.

Magnum RT/AWD after 33500 Miles
By Dad'd Wagon - 33k m

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had my Maggie now for 28 months and 33,500 miles. Used Royal Purple since beginning. CAR has been the most reliable , fun , trouble free car I have ever had. Still sounds, feels, drives as I took it home. No issues what so ever. Very pleased that we own a car that was discontinued also.... So what.. The AWD system I have never felt safer behind the wheel of any 4x4. She is a tank and built well.. Keeping her forever...

Ride - sound system - safe feeling - AWD system - Comfort and YES, Seperation at any speed when needed...

Well miss her... But at least we'll have one for ourselves. Just an overall great car.