Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

2006 Magnum from Ontario
By robbo68

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a lifelong Dodge fan. From the Dodge Dspen to Dakota now to the Magnum I am very impressed witht the structure of the whole car. I believe they spent time on this and made it right. Spacious in design with a whole lot of sport.

I like the interior best. It's roomy for the kids and comfortable for the rest. The entertainment system makes the long drives easy.

Why purchase a Subaru
By Ken

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. I am a '60's child. What an increase in quality, driveability, utility, and performance. Commute 70 miles one way to work. I am much fresher upon arrival than I was driving an " all wheel drive import". Exceptionaly quiet, solid. I have had the vehicle four months and have put 18k miles on the clock.

In normal driving get same or better mileage than the advertised mileage for a Subaru. I flew to Ohio to get my car and drove it to Washington State. At posted speeds did better on fuel economy than two year old Subaru wagon. Handling, utility, and performance exceptional.

Make the drink holder have inserts that can be removed for cleaning. Also, on a $42k car you would think there would be a glove box and underhood light. Whats up with the tires? The Continentals are crap. Had to replace them already. Could use mute in steering wheel.

SXT 2WD 2006 3.5 250hp V6
By SXT2WD_Guy

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this car recently and took a trip of about 1000kl/600mi. loved the way the car handled and comfort was very good. Fuel mileage was above my expectation as I averaged 39.84 mpg hwy and 34.32 city, very excited about that. 3.5 engine has lots of power and is all that is needed in this wonderful wagon

Overall feel

Coffee holders in front need improvement

What a machine!
By hemibp

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While I have only put 1500 miles on this Hemi-powered rocket, I was impressed from the first moment of a test drive. I was attracted to it by the syling and Hemi power. I read a lot of reviews on the Magnum and researched every bit of material that I could find. When I finally decided to buy it, I never regretted my decision. This car handles like a sports car with the Mercedes suspension. The car is bearly broken in so the only issue I have is with the city mileage. The first tank was all local driving (NYC) and I got 12 mpg. I have to be careful getting on the highway because you are up to 85 mph before you know it. Great stereo and plenty of room. People are impressed with this one.

Hemi, comfort, handling, brakes, stereo. It is really a deam to drive. My 16 year old son thinks it looks like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

The jury is still out. After more miles on it, I will see if the gas mileage improves and if the quality holds up.

Excellent Utilitarian Vehicle
By Ryan

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the car on two long road trips already. I was worried about the small V6 in such a large car but the pep was sufficient for excellent highway driving. The car is smooth and the steering is sharp for such a large car. Although the small windows in the rear reduce visibility, the side mirrors are the first adequate mirrors I've ever seen on a car making the car much more navigatable through city streets. Fuel economy is actually exceeding the mid-size sedan we traded in. The transmission is uncharacteristically smooth from my previous experiences with Dodge. Only one minor warrenty issue so far (switch knob).

Cargo room, roomy interior. Excellent base package to keep price down. Fuel economy

Not everyone wants a 17" rim! I'd prefer if some more standard 15" rim were available for the base package. I'm not looking forward to paying for new 17" tires.