Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews - 429 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

I wish I could read a review like before
By MTwrangler

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased the car used, all was well, the car road nice and was quiet, fun to drive. It got 22-28 MPG, depending on conditions, all was well. Now 5 years later, the car misfires, shutters, and the known cause is mystery. It has many rattles and noises in the front end. The seats are not comfortable. We also went through early alignment issues, etc. It also has fairly bad brake fade and shutter, once the discs heat up.

The first 3 years were good. The build just doesn't hold up. Sorry Dodge, we won't be back.

Make the seats comfortable, redesign the front suspension, attach the body so that plastic parts don't support plastic parts and start making terrible noises. Debug the misfiring engine problem. You can't compete with imports with the car wearing out before 100K.

Magnum RT - - Almost perfect
By Rex

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased Nov. 2004 -- the only car I have ever bought new off the lot. The car would be perfect if not for the slush-box tranny. Factory Contis were junk -- 13K miles. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance which are nearing their end at 40K mi. Have Michelin replacements. Issues: front-end clunk at steering extreme limits (I avoid cranking to the limits), alignment twice, popping noise in dash, unreliable rear window regulator, noisy power steering pump (even after replacement). I gather front-end issues are common. Overall, I have been pleased, but really wish there had been a manual tranny option.

Styling. Power. Space. Comfort.

My first Mopar vehicle. Acceptable experience. It's a shame Dodge stopped production. I would have strongly urged a manual tranny option. Other minor issues aren't insurmountable.

Looks can be deceiving
By mjg

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Working on my 3rd set of rotors at 49,900 miles. Continental tires lasted 20,000 miles. Always feels likes it's out of alignment. Second set of tires showing wear. Needed a left upper tie rod end and lower control arm for inspection this year. Both key fobs broken. Musty smell when you turn air on or heat in the winter. Will never by a Dodge again. Never again.

Colr

They made the best improvement by not making this car anymore.

Mixed bad
By overland

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power and looks with adequate cargo room. Better than expected fuel mileage - 27 highway and 19 highway city. Several annoying electrical problems - rear windows failed intermittently, wipers had glitches, and constant dash rattles that started at 20k miles. Handling is so so for a big and heavy car - no corner carver. Bland but functional interior.

Power and style

Better quality control.

Dodge Magnum Done Again?
By Purp574

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know that Dodge/Chrysler are going through bad times, but I've been Dodge since my childhood w/my father's Dodge-ram conversion van. Owned two dodges since. Now to my Dodge magnum; loved it from the first time I saw it during a super bowl commercial. (get it!) remember. I own an sxt awd 3.5 liter Dodge magnum and am in nothing but awe and praise for my car. Even after two years. What upsets me is that Dodge has decided to do away w/the mag and replaced it w/the nitro or journey which look good, but don't stand out like my mag. Please Dodge, bring back my mag. It has an all-American muscle style that with a bit more time will grow. Thanks for reading, next step for me an srt8 magnum. (get it!)

Body style.Many after-market kits.

No.1 BRING IT BACK! After that,update dashboard and console to accommodate extras.