Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Possible Lemon
By hfr

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought 2009 Journey in August 2009. Within months, the sun roof leaked and it took several times to fix it. At about 20K the brakes had to be replaced. Dealership replaced at no cost (thankfully).
At about 40K the tires had to be replaced (19" tires are very expensive). Driver side passenger door filled up with water because tape was left on the drain holes. Had to have PTU gasket replaced recently. Cruise control looses 5 to 7 mph going up hill before it increases speed. Dealership says this is normal.
Transmission has a delay in accelleration.
Dealership can't find anything wrong. Currently have 49,000 miles on car. Really like the way it drives and handles but not happy repairs.

Easy to drive; AWD works well in the snow; handles well around corners; touch screen radio and controls; 24 mph on highway

Brake problem should be investigated - several owners have complained. Interior cloth seats not very stain resistant - needs better resistant. Limited tire options and cost needs to be reconsidered.

worth the price... of my base Journey
By carmudgin

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the Journey 6 months and have put 23,000km on it.
It has had no issues, everything has worked perfectly so far. I'm glad we got the 4cyl with gas prices nowadays.
My other car is a Chevy Tahoe and the Journey is way better on gas, way smoother ride.
It handles bumps extremely well, and when i need to weave in and out of traffic while doing 130km/hr it handles great.
I feel confident driving it.
The car feels like a more expensive vehicle and I'm sure that's because it was designed by Mercedes while they owned Chrysler.

-great mileage, smooth ride, and the storage bins, esp the compartment for drinks that chills your drinks. -good price....zero percent financing over 36 months. -youconnect blue tooth phone handsfree option...it works great. -and the traction control....finally i got to test it in the snow and i was amazed at how you cant wipe out. If you are going around a corner and stomp on the gas, the car wont allow you to spin out. Perfect for anyone terrified by driving in the snow.

I wish it had a power trunk.

I love love love my new journey
By i Heather

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is absolutely amazing. It has an 3rd row of seats so I didn't have to buy a minivan. Plenty of space for all the extra kids I tote along everywhere. The drive and the ride is so smooth. All the extra storage spots are awesome. It is relaxing to drive this crossover. The gas mileage is average but great compared to what I was spending on gas in my Dodge Ram. The kids absolutely love everything in our Journey. So many windows, and not a blind spot anywhere. The 6 disc cd changer is great. There is nothing negative to say about this car. Did I mention that it is beautiful on the outside. What a sleek and sexy crossover!!

The sleek design, the drive, the storage, the dash. My favorite thing is that it has everything a minivan has including space, but it still has class and style!!

None!

No Snow Tires available for SXT
By Now snow tires

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Snow Tires are not available for SXT by any tire manufacturer. The car is a good design and handles the road well. I have driven 45,000 miles on the car, had to change out tires, brakes, rotors and radio along with routine maintenance. The seats are very uncomfortable, the foam is compressed after just 18 months of use.

Handling, power

more comfortable seats and better brake design.

Tin Can
By IHATEDODGE

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a Tin Can. I wished I had read ALL of the reviews before I purchased it. Bad Brakes, Starting problems, CD player does not work. Have to take off Antenna for radio to work properly. Tire sensor broken. All around failure! Help me Toyota!

Style and Color

Recall them all! I have no faith in the vehicle. I am going to give it back and take the bad credit. Quit my job when the garnish my check. I cannot afford this - I was taken advantage of!