Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

If it weren't in the shop all the time..
By Melissa

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 60,000 miles on it, full service records and no history of problems (I've put three years and 22,400 on it). Supremely roomy interior, we *used* to take several long trips comfortably, however this engine has completely seized up and shut down in the middle of interstate driving (talk about excitement...), while applying the brake in city driving etc. despite regular and routine maintenance. I've replaced most of the electrical system and half the replaceable components of the engine for more $$ than I care to admit. Nothing but trouble from this engine (I though it was just the 2.7s, guess I'm just lucky)!!! Shame, too...it's comfortable, and a ton of fun to drive.

Huge interior, great trunk space.

More negative comment, since they don't make it anymore... but the turn radius is about that of a large cruise ship, blind spots are fairly large (most folk not familiar with the car have trouble reversing and paralell parking it because it's a boat), oh, and my engine's been shot from day one.

4 years and Still Strong
By Kasper

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 04 for my wife. The only part I had to replace was the cable from the shifter to the transmission and tires this past summer. Aside from the dings this car is like new still and runs like it.

Lots of room, good power for a big car, and fun to drive.

Less plastic on the inside and better audio system.

2004 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 LTR EXT
By Mark

2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

68,000 miles had to replace the crankshaft position sensor, 3 cam sensors, 3 batteries. Car would die and not restart. Would wait for awhile and then it would start. Found that the coupling where the positive battery cable met up at the jumper post above the air intake filter box had become corroded. This was causing the battery and cables to overheat. Flickering lights and total shutdown of the engine ensued. Cleaned the corrosion and replaced battery cable. Car runs like new.

Comfortable ride. Cushy seating.

Replace battery cable connections with corrosion resistant cables.

Love Dodge
By Michael

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars that I have owned. I love my intrepid and have only had normal maintenance.

Style, handling, fun to drive

Start making them again!

Outstanding!
By jmoser

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with mine. I get 32 MPG highway and 24 MPG city! I love it! I have owned/driven 8 different cars in the last 6 years, and this one rises above all of them! The 2.7 is a little sluggish when the weather is warm. In the cold temperatures it is quick and powerful! Great car to own!

Power everything!