Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Worst Car Ever
By deedee56

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you read what people say then you need to help us with a solution.
These cars are the worst ever and they all should be recalled and owners given a reliable car.

Right now I am ready to file a lawsuit against Dodge.
I think if they stand behind their vehicles then if they don't want a bad name should admit this is the worse car they ever made.
You name it I replaced it.

Well - it's my only transportation so I cannot comment on this vehicle = the only thing is there is a lot of room in the car.

For this car there is no improvements that can be made. With the design of the car it breaks down all the time. I have not enjoyed this car at all.

Drives Great
By b4202i

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car about six month ago. Replaced brakes, very easy due to four disc brakes instead of rear drums. Having to change tires. It is super clean under the hood. Bought at 112K, have 122K on it now. Haven't changed oil in 4K and it is still super clean

blind spots could be better. turning a sharp corner; it doesn't do well. replacing lights in the front are difficult.

Awesome Vehicle
By booter

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle at 82,000. Had a problem with the water pump. Worst place to put a water pump right in the middle of the engine. That cost about a grand if you do it yourself. right now i am pushing 110,000 and haven't had any problems. I straight piped my car and put on a performance air filter. Because of those little adjustment to my car i get about 30 to 32 on the highway. Overall it is a wonderful car and hope that it last until 250,000.

2.7 gives just enough horsepower to get me around.

Wished the engine wouldn't have all this problems

Big mistake, never again
By not happy

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is barely over 100,000 miles, and I keep hearing once the intrepid gets too a 100,000 miles the car is done with, unless you want to keep putting more money into it. Recently had to replace the engine on it. Still not working right, its hot outside and cant even run the a/c without the car dying. Brakes are horrible, and the heater core has been replaced at least 3 times. I would never ever recommend a dodge intrepid to anyone. I wish i would have never bought this car. With all the problems these stupid cars are giving everyone, Dodge should give everyone thier money back, or give us a better reliable car. If your thinking about buying this car, DON'T you will regret it

Roomy inside, trunk is big

Give us our money back. Build an engine that is gonna last, brakes, heater core, just build a better car, leave the roomy interior. Even with routine oil changes, the car is still horrible!

Police Intrepid
By renrut

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car a couple years ago at 139K from a state police auction. It was an unmarked car. Since then, I have racked up 51K miles and now have 190K on it, only having to replace tires, battery and brakes. Fun to drive.The 3.5 L Hi-output V6 is awesome! Edmunds and KBB need to include the police version on their sites as style choices.

The torque of the car is fantastic!

The location of the battery is the only grief I have for this car. Thankfully the only go out once every five years.