Used 2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

BEWARE OF INTREPIDS 2002
By Joyce Tucker

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this 02 Dodge Intrepid 3 months and the engine blew after needing a water pump at the time. Engines are bad news for Intrepids as stated on the internet and mechanics' opinions. Do not buy an Intrepid, there was no warranty whatsoever and this vehicle had the engine light on upon my leaving the parking lot with it. European Auto fixed it somewhat but then suddenly went "out of business" without giving me the $1300 check for promising to buy my Isuzu Trooper and issue me a check for it. Repairs were not completed by them on this vehicle and no check was ever given me for the Trooper even tho they sold the Trooper the first week.

Best car I ever had!!
By Doug

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 213,000 miles and still running fine. No transmission or engine rebuild yet (knock on wood). Guess this car was built on Wednesday at the factory. Still driving it every day and honestly can't complain. I hope to run it to a 1 million miles+

Roomy

Better heat/air control. It seems like its one or the other

double trouble
By mike

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car for the room and price. It's huge inside. We got the 2.7 for the milage and it'll do 30 on the highway. Everything was good until 90,000. It started with a water pump and ended with $3,000. Now the transmision is on the way out and 130,000. Don't forget about the front end falling out of it also. If your going to buy a Dodge go ahead and purchase a transmission with it, they're terrible. I'm done with dodge.

room lots of it and fast

they quit making them enough said. You can't give them away. I tried.

Dodge had a WINNER!
By HMR

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Hello...I bought my Intrepid ES new in Nov. 2001. I was not sure about buying a Dodge, but I liked what I saw, and I was right. Dodge had a WINNER with this car! Only minor teething problems at first, but it quickly grew into a strong and reliable car. GOOD looking also. I recently had to replace a wheel/rim due to corrosion, which was causing an air leak in the tire. I have read where this is a problem common to certain styles of wheels. I would still have this car, but it was recently (8-2009) totaled in a crash. It took a SEVERE high speed rear end impact, but no intrusion into the passenger compartment! If Dodge still made this model, I would buy another one. HMR

Styling - not too common to other vehicles. Ergonomic interior. Simply a good car.

The cut of the front doors. Sharp angle to the top corner. One can easily catch themselves on the corner when opening/closing, getting in and out of the front doors. If Dodge ever brings this model back, soften the angle of the front doors.

Still going strong
By John

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've enjoyed owning this vehicle. I have had some problems with the AC and the electrical at times, but seven years into it, the car is still going strong and still looks good.

Roomy, quiet, and I've been able to get 25 mpg with mostly highway driving.

The electrical system (interior lamp) and the AC have had problems.