Used 1995 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

I love my car
By Ranchero_gurl

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

my intrepid is my first car. i got it from my grandfather my junior year of high school. i had to rebuilt the trani at 120,000 and until 208,985 i haven't had a single issue with it. fuel pump, water pump, front tie rod, and timing belt are the only issues i've had with her. it's the perfect first car, sporty, efficient, reliable, and comfort, dodge so needs to start rolling them out again. i call her my old man sports car becuase of the comfort as well as the pep that it has. most amazing car ever, i'll hate to get rid of it.

simple panneling inside. comfort is a huge plus, good looks, good fuel economy, my million mile car!

oil filter is a pain to get to. entire engine set up and work space wasn't very well placed. very compact under the hood.

Still love this car
By Orchid

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Still gets 20 in the city and 28-30 highway. Had to replace the timing belt and water pump(second one) and the starter but heck it is almost 15 yrs old!!! I will just cry when I finally have to give it up but let me tell you, I will drive it until the wheels fall off or I can qualify for the $4500 credit - not likely due to the mileage it gets. Never a clunker and there are still a number of these big guys out on the road here in GA.

Seats, engine, hauling room

Dodge needs to bring this great car back.

A Rough Fifteen Years
By mobilemechanicman

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this intrepid from its third owner. Considering the abuse it recieved from the last owner, I was amazed to see it even run. It has the 3.3L and it gets 16mpg in town and 28mpg on the highway. I will swear by the intrepid as long as I'm a qualified technition.

The Whole Car

Better Trans and different Airbags, OEM Airbags have a tendancy to go off in extreme heat.

Good car
By Wayne

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

It has a very strong 3.5 liter, 24 valve engine. Problems we have encountered are the water pump goes out at 70,000 miles, according to the mechanic who says he fixes about 4 a week. If you are lucky, the pulley seizing on the pump will shred the timing belt and kill the engine immediately, otherwise, the engine will overheat and warp the heads, increasing the cost from $700 to $2800. Some sort of bolt on the steering mechanism has stripped a couple of times, needing the front end to be dropped down to replace, which has been spendy.

The engine is very strong. The styling is good.

Higher quality water pump, and more comfortable seats.

Best car I've ever owned
By sjkearney

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1997 used with 19,000 miles and it's still running strong at 160,000. I've never even changed the transmission fluid! The engine is still strong and has never had any mechanical issues except normal wear and tear. In fact, it still has the original exhaust system! I wish they never stopped making them. Unfortunately it's time to retire the old girl. I'm selling to my niece.

Interior design, sporty looks

Higher headrests, better position for horn.